Litter Due In November 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Taha Daha even though she lost her pups three weeks ago has milk and is trying to nest, one would have thought losing the pups that long ago the hormones would have settled, how the hell do you tell a dog, there are no puppies and no matter how much you nest they are not going to arrive! Her due date was in two days time, it is heart breaking to watch and has made me rethink if we will in fact put her in pup again.

Oh Wazzat, that is sad. :( for all concerned.

But the same thing can happen with a phantom.

Don't worry...this to will pass. :grouphug:

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taha Daha even though she lost her pups three weeks ago has milk and is trying to nest, one would have thought losing the pups that long ago the hormones would have settled, how the hell do you tell a dog, there are no puppies and no matter how much you nest they are not going to arrive! Her due date was in two days time, it is heart breaking to watch and has made me rethink if we will in fact put her in pup again.

It will pass, but its not what I want to see nor put my girl through, a new import is imminent, so she can be the base I think, this has just left my bitch in an awful state, 6 kilos lighter and a mess, its been the most heartbreaking thing I have seen, losing pups is fine and we can deal with that, but watching Taha deteriorate is sad.

I had a girl who would do this too. Although it was phantoms all the way through. Went through a mini labor, she found a pup (soft toy) and would mother it for 3 days or so. Then shed be fine. She just needed time to get to terms with it. If you lost a baby you wouldnt get over it just like that either. Give her time, shell be fine. It just means she has strong maternal instincts.

Sorry about the late entry but Ive been busy with Tafe but we will be expecting a litter from bella (a repeat mating) on the 21st of November ( Staffords Red/Blk Brindle)

Bella had 4 huge boys last litter and were hopeing for some lovely little girls.

Boys @ 6 weeks from last litter

DSC_6558.jpg

Bellas belly at 8 weeks

IMG_1419.jpg

Sorry about the late entry but Ive been busy with Tafe but we will be expecting a litter from bella (a repeat mating) on the 21st of November ( Staffords Red/Blk Brindle)

Bella had 4 huge boys last litter and were hopeing for some lovely little girls.

Boys @ 6 weeks from last litter

DSC_6558.jpg

Bellas belly at 8 weeks

IMG_1419.jpg

NAWWW i just LOVE staffy babies! Love the adults too lol, but they are just so nom nom as pups.. very cute.. will be demanding LOTS of pics :)

My Dobe bitch had shocking phantoms, labour the whole bit.

She would collect soft toys, try and feed them and get very protective. As awful as it was I would let her collect her babies leave her a few hours then take the whole lot off her and once or twice even gave her a valium. By the next day she was over it. If I left the soft toys with her it would be weeks (only did that once).

She would collect soft toys, try and feed them and get very protective. As awful as it was I would let her collect her babies leave her a few hours then take the whole lot off her and once or twice even gave her a valium. By the next day she was over it. If I left the soft toys with her it would be weeks (only did that once).

I cant see it being the same as a Phantom as we had the pups and she lost them ( reabsorbed at 42 days) This is just so odd, no breeders I have spoken to have seen or heard of the symptoms my bitch is having, very odd!!

I cant see it being the same as a Phantom as we had the pups and she lost them ( reabsorbed at 42 days) This is just so odd, no breeders I have spoken to have seen or heard of the symptoms my bitch is having, very odd!!

Do you thimk she may have a puppy there that was not picked up? My Dobe ended up with what I thought was a more full on phantom than normal as she had been mated. She had been xrayed and we were told no babies. She delivered one puppy at day 63 from her last mating.

Do you thimk she may have a puppy there that was not picked up? My Dobe ended up with what I thought was a more full on phantom than normal as she had been mated. She had been xrayed and we were told no babies. She delivered one puppy at day 63 from her last mating.

OMG I hope not, she has no tummy and as I said has lost a lot of weight, if there was one in there it would be an awfully small ooohhh I dont even want to think, but I am confident there is nothing in there, but thanks for the advice, she was only acrrying four and had none at the last us to make sure all was ok.

OMG I hope not, she has no tummy and as I said has lost a lot of weight, if there was one in there it would be an awfully small ooohhh I dont even want to think, but I am confident there is nothing in there, but thanks for the advice, she was only acrrying four and had none at the last us to make sure all was ok.

I hope not either :) But my bitch looked completely normal (waist wise) just had larger than normal mammary development compared to her phantoms.

I was less than impressed to find a puppy at 5.30 in the morning!!!

Hope your girl is okay and it all settles quickly for her.

Bella went through this about 2 years ago, she absorbed a litter and still went through with nesting and contractions and then nothing. She would bury food and walk around the house crying for her babies. It lasted about 3 days.

Actually I believe the hormones are very similar in a phanton to a real pregnancy.

Athough reading your post the weight loss is a real worry. It does sound like she is depressed. Is she eating at all? Poor thing. Hopefully it will end after she reaches her due date and hormones petter out.

Wazzat, ar we 100% sure there isn't one left in there? There could be a Solo Xolo? :confused: I know you are watching her closely so no need to say that...

Edited by LizT

The girl I have here who is almost 8 weeks (i think) has gone off her food. shell only have a few licks.. tried giving her tuna which she usually would scoff down, but she turned her nose up at it. She doesnt seem to want anything.. any advice? they are picky eaters at best of times, but am a bit worried as my girls only go off thier food when they are due to whelp...

But theres been no panting/mesting/digging so id presume shes not anywhere near close

I took her temp and it was 37.7 an hour ago

Am going to take it again in another hour...

shes started nesting.. BUT she did eat a lil something

Good luck PomsNZ I am sure by now you are very busy, cant wait to hear.

Thanks everyone for the advice its put my mind at rest a bit, the funny thing is she is still losing blood or spotting ( the vets have said this is normal) we did have an US and there was no puppies in there, well none he could see, but if a Solo Xolo ( love that) appears I shall be sure to let you know, lets just hope if that did happen she is not so hungry she tries to eat it!

J

Well this girl got me scratching my head for sure lol..

Temp was 37.8, so its about the same, not a cold day in NZ. She is def nesting though... Keeps coming back to me, urging me to go with her to her bed in the bedroom. Pups are still quite active so dont think its tonight lol... Now we got two dates to consider, either this thursday as a due date (quite possible, shes big) or the one I was given orginally, on the 23rd..

xing fingers for a Solo Xolo (love that too, very clever) oh the names you could have with that

Maizie's babies are going well I've heard, eyes are open now! I haven't been able to get back to see them (or her) due to exams! :(

post-15811-0-34098600-1321146430_thumb.jpgGot a pic of her belly.. so this is 7 and half weeks....

What a fat belly! Hope it all goes well. :)

Taha Daha even though she lost her pups three weeks ago has milk and is trying to nest, one would have thought losing the pups that long ago the hormones would have settled, how the hell do you tell a dog, there are no puppies and no matter how much you nest they are not going to arrive! Her due date was in two days time, it is heartb reaking to watch and has made me rethink if we will in fact put her in pup again.

Oh Wazzat, it must be terrible watching her go through that. :(

It will pass, but its not what I want to see nor put my girl through, a new import is imminent, so she can be the base I think, this has just left my bitch in an awful state, 6 kilos lighter and a mess, its been the most heartbreaking thing I have seen, losing pups is fine and we can deal with that, but watching Taha deteriorate is sad.

How sad to see your girl like this! Hopefully she will be back to normal soon. Is she not eating cause that's a huge weight loss?