My Friend Is Selling Her Husky :(

Aztec Gold

I am assuming that this dog is on the main register???????

Why not contact breeders in Tas that may be interested in purchasing and showing this pup.

There may be some who are not aware of the pups existence and would love to take the pup over.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She said she hasn't because she doesn't want to have to go through all the flight stuff again..

It's so sad... She's such a lovely person, I'd hate for her to regret the decision, he seems like such a lovely pup :(

Have you considered that a puppy and a baby will be too much for her and it will probably be better for the dog to go to a home where it will get the time and attention it needs?

Maybe perhaps help and support your friend in screening potential families.

Have you considered that a puppy and a baby will be too much for her and it will probably be better for the dog to go to a home where it will get the time and attention it needs?

Maybe perhaps help and support your friend in screening potential families.

Agree with you here - At least she's doing it now while puppy's still young and has a whole life full of attention to look forward to :) Shame she hasn't yet told the breeder, though :(

Guest donatella

My friend bought a purebred husky pup from the mainland (we are in Tas), and is now selling him as she has another baby on the way and has another dog to look after aswell. Does anyone know if there are any husky rescue groups or anything in Tassie? Or anything I could suggest to make her change her mind? I know I should mind my own business, but she seemed so excited and happy when he came, and it seems a pity to sell him at such a young age (4 months).

Thank you :)

this breaks my heart, dogs are part of the family, i dont know how people can buy them and then just give them up :(

I would say that 2 dogs seemed like a good idea at the time but the reality of 2 large hairy dogs is a bit much for her.

It is good that she has realised this rather than toss the pup outside and neglect it.

Probably too embarrassed to call the breeder.

omg, shes had him for 4 weeks at most...poor pup, sorry your friend, nice as she may be is an idiot, and the baby excuse is crap, didnt she know she was preggnat when he arrived? Poor breeder...

Sorry OP not having a go, it just makes me very sad and cross to see this..

Edited by Missymoo

This!!

And people then wonder why some breeders do home visits and inquisitions to see if you are a suitable, realistic, prepared owner.......

:banghead:

E-mail the breeder if she can't "talk" to her.

good heavens.

omg, shes had him for 4 weeks at most...poor pup, sorry your friend, nice as she may be is an idiot, and the baby excuse is crap, didnt she know she was preggnat when he arrived? Poor breeder...

Sorry OP not having a go, it just makes me very sad and cross to see this..

Can you find out who the breeder is and contact them and let them know???

Like someone said earlier - most breeders have waiting lists for puppies and the breeder may just well have the perfect home for the pup (or want the little one back)..

Please try to make your friend see sense with this - it is one thing to offload the puppy, it is another thing all together to do it the right way.

If she really cares for the little guy, she will contact the breeder or allow someone else to do so on her behalf if she is embarrassed to do so.

I feel sorry for this poor mother, everyone has strung her up yet sometimes we just make bad decisions. The pup will be fine, she hasn't dumped in in the pound. Better to rehome than stuck in a yard with no attention. I've rehomed a pup, best thing I ever did. She moved in with my neighbours who dote on her more than I ever could. She's probably feeling very embarrassed and too afraid to contact the breeder. I agree the breeder morally should be told, but it's her pup, her decision.

Unbelievable :mad My heart really breaks for this breeder, who has gone to the trouble of putting this baby on a plane, thinking she has sent him/her to a loving forever home. :(

Tell your friend to do the right thing & contact the breeder, I'm sure she will want to be involved in finding this puppy a new loving home, & like most caring breeders they like to know where all their babies are in the world.

Sorry, but I think that's an awful idea and would not ever talk to a friend if they did that to me. Aztec, as a friend all you should do is offer support not go behind your friends back and interfere - I'm sure you wouldn't do that though. I've had grooming clients where I've been tempted to contact breeders and let them know about 'stuff' but it's not my business so I leave it alone.

I was thinking too at first why on earth did she get the pup

but now think thank goodness she has realised that she does not have time for the pup now rather 7 months down the track when there is an adolescent husky with absolutely no training who has been stuck in a backyard all the time, and wanting to get rid of the dog

all pups even of the same breed are different, her first dog may have been very cruisy and this one completely different making her rethink. My first golden retreiver pup was so cruisy I got another one - she was a completely different kettle of fish and if I had her first there was no way in the world I would have had another :laugh: although I do love her dearly

another one to suggest contact the breeder, I would imagine an ethical breeder would have no problem taking the pup back and would understand the circumstances.

If someone got a pup and realised they couldn't keep it or had made a mistake and contacted me I would take the pup back and pay flights. If down the track they wanted a pup again then after talking with them and as long as they had been honest they would be considered for another puppy down the track.

If they didn't contact me and got rid of the pup and contacted me down the track they would get told to get on their bike.

Sometimes people make mistakes or the just do not click with the pup they have. Honesty will get you a whole lot further that not saying a thing. The dog world is a very small place

Edited by OSoSwift

My friend bought a purebred husky pup from the mainland (we are in Tas), and is now selling him as she has another baby on the way and has another dog to look after aswell. Does anyone know if there are any husky rescue groups or anything in Tassie? Or anything I could suggest to make her change her mind? I know I should mind my own business, but she seemed so excited and happy when he came, and it seems a pity to sell him at such a young age (4 months).

Thank you :)

So short sighted :mad

She needs to let the breeder know as she would be passing him on undesexed. Honestly, it comes across as about saving money and as if getting the pup and now getting rid of the pup has been very impulsive.

Sorry, but I think that's an awful idea and would not ever talk to a friend if they did that to me. Aztec, as a friend all you should do is offer support not go behind your friends back and interfere - I'm sure you wouldn't do that though. I've had grooming clients where I've been tempted to contact breeders and let them know about 'stuff' but it's not my business so I leave it alone.

Sorry Dru, should have worded that better... Of course with her friends permission...

I know I should not assume but I just thought maybe the woman might be embarrassed to contact the breeder to ask them to take the puppy back and as a friend, I would do this for her...

I would never advocate doing something like that behind her back