Ebay

Cat

Has anyone bought any lenses of Ebay? I have seen some ridiculously cheap ones from Hong Kong with free shipping to Australia. Some seem almost too good to be true and was just curious if anyone has good experiences or not.

Has anyone bought any lenses of Ebay? I have seen some ridiculously cheap ones from Hong Kong with free shipping to Australia. Some seem almost too good to be true and was just curious if anyone has good experiences or not.

I am not sure what their lenses are like but if it is anything like they're jewellery, I'd steer clear. I got suckered in when I first started on ebay a couple years ago but know better now. I also got a mask from there once for the kids, and it was so bad I applied for a refund. I think if the kids had of put it on, they would of passed out, the chemical smell was so bad. :(

I've bought all my gear from eBay sellers, including a couple from Hong Kong, but I mostly buy my gear from Cameta Cameras in the USA. Good prices & great gear. All insured etc. They are actually a camera store, not just an internet shop, so you know you can trust them. Simiarly there's a couple of others on eBay as well.

Above all watch for your purchase price. If it's worth more than $1 000au you'll get slugged for GST & Import Duty.