Annoyed At Dog Owner(and Lead!) But Very Happy With My Girl Missy&

3Woofs

My Stafford Missy was a very good girl yesterday…. So happy with her reaction when confronted by a strange dog acting very dominantly!

I live across from sporting fields and it’s about the size of 8 football fields. Dogs are allowed on lead.

Yesterday I took my 20 months old daughter and Missy for a walk on her brand new retractable lead.

All was good until I spotted a Border Collie racing flat stick towards us!

I was a little worried so I tried to bring Missy in close but the button on the retractable lead got stuck and wouldn’t retract.

This BC was posturing over Missy and all stiff so Missy tried to move away from it at first and the 5 m’s of lead was all tangled around Missy and the BC.

Luckily Missy submitted straight away and threw herself on her back and just let the BC sniff and didn’t move while I got in there and untangled them both.

Pheww! The BC relaxed a bit once it realised she wouldn’t challenge him.

This all up was happening for about 3 minutes and the owner was on the other side of the field and not once did he try and call his dog or come and help me while I was struggling to untangle the dogs and comfort my hysterical daughter!

As I was walking away I looked back and saw the BC was in a drop stay and the owner was walking over. It was obviously trained and was in excellent condition, but had disobeyed the owner when it ran off. I’m not unreasonable, I understand dogs are dogs and sometimes don’t listen to their owner, but there was no excuse for the guy not running over to help me out when they were all tangled up.

Surprise surprise, when I went back over after handing the lead and my daughter to my husband, the guy had quickly taken off.

Stupid lead went straight in the bin…. How dangerous! It said it was rated for dogs up to 25kg too and Missy is only around 12kg!

I loathe retractable leads for any breed of dog they are unsafe.When I used to walk my DA RidgyX the amount of people with SWF on retractable leads chatting away to each other whilst Muffy and Miffy are 3klm from their non attentive owners was unbeleivable. :mad .Glad it worked out ok for you and Missy.