Self Appointed Dog Whisperer

Fatsofatsoman

Ugh! One of my pet peeves!

I go to a groomer who is like that and she is sooo patronising. I'm going to start looking for someone else. She has airs about herself because she's also a vet nurse - you know, the kind who see themselves as on a par with a vet? I wouldn't go to most vets for advice about my dog.

She told me recently that my Pug has a "domineering personality". How ridiculous! He is supposed to have a strong, determined personality because he is a Pug...and at the groomer's/vet's he is a polite, submissive little flea!

I'm glad you told her where to go.

I had a vet nurse tell me one of my dogs was the ugliest dog she had ever seen.....in hind sight I wish I had of said something nasty back. My dog was a Pug and I thought she was gorgeous. I never went back, but I wish I had of made a formal complaint she was just so horrible to people, and wasn't much better with animals.

BF

I go to a groomer who is like that and she is sooo patronising. I'm going to start looking for someone else. She has airs about herself because she's also a vet nurse - you know, the kind who see themselves as on a par with a vet? I wouldn't go to most vets for advice about my dog.

She told me recently that my Pug has a "domineering personality". How ridiculous! He is supposed to have a strong, determined personality because he is a Pug...and at the groomer's/vet's he is a polite, submissive little flea!

I had a vet nurse tell me one of my dogs was the ugliest dog she had ever seen.....in hind sight I wish I had of said something nasty back. My dog was a Pug and I thought she was gorgeous. I never went back, but I wish I had of made a formal complaint she was just so horrible to people, and wasn't much better with animals.

BF

What a shocking and horrible thing to say about your beloved baby. How dare she. Some people are so twisted and nasty. I would have been devastated if someone had said that about my Pug. Don't be too hard on yourself for not saying anything. You were probably in a state of shock. It has happened to me many times.

BF

Oh, how bloody rude !! You should of said, " And your the ugliest vet nurse I have ever seen". :laugh: Rude people, I just can not tolerate them. Hope you have found a nicer vet nurse now. Wouldn't be hard by the sound. :)

Yes we found another vet practice that at least knows what to do with a Pug under a general, and the nurses are brilliant and always ask how every animal is.

Unfortunately I no longer have my Pug, but I have thinking about getting another, I love their antics.....super fast one minute couch potatoes the next. Raring to go at the smell of food and so lovable and so eager to please (well if you have food or cuddles available they are) :rofl:

BC Crazy ~ I wish I had of thought of that....I'll remember it for next time if it ever happens again :thumbsup:

BF

Oh, how bloody rude !! You should of said, " And your the ugliest vet nurse I have ever seen". :laugh: Rude people, I just can not tolerate them. Hope you have found a nicer vet nurse now. Wouldn't be hard by the sound. :)

:thumbsup: I'm going to keep that come back in mind if anyone ever insults my dog - love it!

BF

That is so rude!

I had a lady telling me that Charlie is the most funniest dog she has seen (in a rude way) and I asked her if she looked at herself in the mirror lately (in a rude way).

We left it at that.

Nutters everywhere ! :noidea: I hope we don't go to the same park !

What park do you go to?

I think I'd remember a yellow and black duo - we divide our time between a few parks and runs and swims so it's possible we could be just missing each other.

Bracken Ridge most days & Brighton Park near the Hornibrook Bridge for swims

That happened to me once and I stood back and watched in bemusement as she tried to poke his neck, knowing full well she would not get a finger on him unless I helped her. She also said "tsst" at him, which made him bark at her more than he already was.

I am never rude to dog owners, though. My dogs are very distinctive. One day my dogs might get out and find themselves on the road. I'm not going to give anyone a reason not to stop and pick them up for me. It could be the difference between life and death. I can suck it up and be polite for that no matter how rude they are to me. Mostly they don't know they are being rude. They just don't know what I think is good or poor manners. A trainer told me recently that Kivi was so fat he had rolls of fat. She told me this because she had said I fed him too many treats and he was going to get fat and I said I'd been feeding him that many treats for 3 years and was he fat now? I shouldn't have set her up. I pointed out it was actually loose skin and you could feel his ribs without much trouble even through his thick coat. She insisted he was fat. I looked her in the eye, nodded, and said "All right, he's fat." It cost me nothing. There's no point getting upset about it. He doesn't care, so the only one that matters is me. If I know she's wrong then there's nothing to be upset about.

That happened to me once and I stood back and watched in bemusement as she tried to poke his neck, knowing full well she would not get a finger on him unless I helped her. She also said "tsst" at him, which made him bark at her more than he already was.

I am never rude to dog owners, though. My dogs are very distinctive. One day my dogs might get out and find themselves on the road. I'm not going to give anyone a reason not to stop and pick them up for me. It could be the difference between life and death. I can suck it up and be polite for that no matter how rude they are to me. Mostly they don't know they are being rude. They just don't know what I think is good or poor manners. A trainer told me recently that Kivi was so fat he had rolls of fat. She told me this because she had said I fed him too many treats and he was going to get fat and I said I'd been feeding him that many treats for 3 years and was he fat now? I shouldn't have set her up. I pointed out it was actually loose skin and you could feel his ribs without much trouble even through his thick coat. She insisted he was fat. I looked her in the eye, nodded, and said "All right, he's fat." It cost me nothing. There's no point getting upset about it. He doesn't care, so the only one that matters is me. If I know she's wrong then there's nothing to be upset about.

Wow! That is clever! I'm going to take this on. What a great way to live life - peacefully. Thanks very much!

What park do you go to?

I think I'd remember a yellow and black duo - we divide our time between a few parks and runs and swims so it's possible we could be just missing each other.

I used to go to Bracken Ridge...stopped because there is too many irresponsible people there who don't control their dogs

What park do you go to?

I used to go to Bracken Ridge...stopped because there is too many irresponsible people there who don't control their dogs

I am very particular about what time we go there. When we do go up there, there are the same dogs, only about 3, who I know & are occupied playing ball.

My 2 just do their own thing, sniffing & walking around together. We love it up there, beautiful views, clean,safe & really nice people.

But have heard that afternoons after work there can be 30 or so dogs there & that there have been a few dog fights up there at that time. I would never take my 2 up there at that time.

Where do you go fatsofatsoman ?

Where do you go fatsofatsoman ?

I live in Wooloowin - so there's a few around me, or we'll go to Nudgee Beach. Tried Kroll Gardens at Redcliffe once - wasn't impressed so haven't been back.

Same for me for Kroll Gardens. Jake got attacked at Nudgee so that was the last time we went there. On a weekend too many dogs at Nudgee for my liking.

There is a doggy park at Petrie + they can swim that is supposed to be really nice. Haven't been there yet.

Same for me for Kroll Gardens. Jake got attacked at Nudgee so that was the last time we went there. On a weekend too many dogs at Nudgee for my liking.

There is a doggy park at Petrie + they can swim that is supposed to be really nice. Haven't been there yet.

I'll have to look in to the Petrie one. Boonie is too interested in the water at Nudgee so ignores all the other dogs and swims the whole time we're there.

I'll have to look in to the Petrie one. Boonie is too interested in the water at Nudgee so ignores all the other dogs and swims the whole time we're there.

The Petrie one got flooded out and hasn't been rebuilt, people still take their dogs there, but it's no longer fenced off and there is no signs saying where the designated dog area is