Oscars Law - ? Copy Of The Proposed Legislation

Miz J

I find it terribly sad that everyone, myself included is so wary now of animal related groups/organisations. But sometimes when you see what you see & know what you know you become cautious & believe these organisations must be more transparent.

I want to see Puppy Farms closed, they should not have been allowed in the first place, in the end it is all about $$$ though.

But then the conditions at many other...and I'm just going to say 'animal' places are just as bad. This includes breeders, rescues etc. etc.

I also think the RSPCA needs to stop for a moment & look at what they were originally started for, you only have to look at their name ROYAL SOCIETY FOR THE PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS. They need to be doing more of this <<<

the fact is there was an agreed definition decided upon which stopped speculation on what a puppy farmer is. Someone who breeds dogs in sub standard conditions. How many they have , what they breed ,how many they breed or where they sell their pups or what their motivation is whether that be for money or for the show ring , for working , agility etc doesnt come into play. I promise you I have seen via Pacers some breeders who only own around 10 dogs who would put commercial cross bred breeders to shame in the filth and suffering department.

But what we see with oscars law and RSPCA Victoria is a different definition of the term puppy farmer to RSPCA Australia and all other groups which attended the round table meeting.

Basically it means we are all protesting and rallying and depending on what someone thinks is the definition who is involved or watching the cause is changed.

What is going on in Victoria is truly scary stuff and the consequences of animal welfare being in bed with animal rights will be far reaching.

There is a hell of a lot going on behind the scenes and if anyone wants to do something to stop dogs suffering or puppy farmers then being sucked in by what Oscars Law is spreading is not the answer.

Oh dear,

It's a terrible shame.

When all we really want is to stop cruelty and the production of more unwanted pets.

Perhaps there is some constructive ideas that Dolers can suggest to achieve that goal?

(:

Agreed. My point is due to the fact that Oscars Law and RSPCA Victoria are obviously operating under a different definition of what a puppy farmer is to the majority of those involved in working toward stopping puppy farming - as they see it you need to be clear about who and what you are rallying for.

Oscars Law has decided upon certain actions which I believe erode the work being done by others and threaten the desired goal.

If people want to support them and rally - its supposed to be a free country and everyone has the right to make their own choices - all I ask is that you are not led by emotional propoganda and you look a little deeper before you decide this is something you want to support.

Be clear about what it is that you are asking for . If you know little of canine reproduction and have questions please feel free to ask people who know about canine reproduction.

No one who does know about canine reproduction would have comments like.

Oscars Law

What happens to ex-breeding stock?

Dogs should not be bred every heat cycle as it is bad for their bodies.

Puppy factory bitches are bred every time they come into heat, until their uterus prolapses and falls out of their body

Rspca Victoria

It's not uncommon for female dogs as young as six months old to churn out as many as several litters a year for their entire lives. Under Victorian State law, bitches are only permitted to have one litter in every 10 months. However, within these factories,

bitches are forced to have litters of puppies every six months and do not get the chance to recuperate.

Additionally the MDBA will not support any new laws relating to dogs while ever the people charged with policing these laws are obviously uneducated and biased against breeders and have no outside accountability process.

I simply ask that you are sure about what it is you are rallying against and whether that is the best way to get breeders out in the open and easily seen and monitored.

Edited by Steve