Entire Female Dogs

rubiton

Just wondering - and it may seem a basic question but Im not around many entire female dogs - is it only the only that are used for breeding that are likely to have pronounced teats hanging underneath them or is that just what happens when female that are undesexed get older?

Interesting question...

The ones I've noticed that have been bred will have larger and maybe unevenly shaped nipples - and the ones that have never had a litter will have smaller and more even nipples.

Dogs carrying a bit of extra weight can have the appearance of having had an udder, but it may just be looser (or fattier) skin on their underbelly making it look that way.

T.

They can also get pronounced mammary development (including milk production) during a pseudo or false pregnancy. Due to the reproductive system in dogs this is very common. Some bitches get it all the time - even if they've never been bred.

Bitches may also come into milk if another bitch in the household whelps. In a dog pack other bitches will feed the pups of the alpha female.

I had saggies on my one year old Borzoi after her first season. Was embarrassing!! I was worried people would think she had been bred and she was still a puppy! :eek: False pregnancy, she had milk for nearly two months...

Douse those saggy boobies that can go with a falsie with brown vinegar a couple of times a day and that should shrink 'em. I was told this by a breeder many years ago, used it on my Min Pin who would insist on a falsie nearly every time and it worked. First season I didn't know this trick and her boobs were enormous.

I had saggies on my one year old Borzoi after her first season. Was embarrassing!! I was worried people would think she had been bred and she was still a puppy! :eek: False pregnancy, she had milk for nearly two months...

Same thing happened with my Rotti girl, no milk though that I noticed, and people kept asking If she'd had a litter, I felt horrible as she was just a pup as well