An Unenviable Situation

trinabean

I guess from my point of view IF i take my dogs somewhere I make sure to the best of my ability that there are no issues as I want to be able to take them back :)

You hopefully find that everyone gets along and the dogs become play mates. I can understand you are worried, a young Boxer is a very playful being, but they can quite often moderate their play.

Hope all works out just fine :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess from my point of view IF i take my dogs somewhere I make sure to the best of my ability that there are no issues as I want to be able to take them back :)

You hopefully find that everyone gets along and the dogs become play mates. I can understand you are worried, a young Boxer is a very playful being, but they can quite often moderate their play.

Hope all works out just fine :)

Thanks Ososwift.

I'm going shopping for both dogs today. I figure if I stock up on rawhide bones and chewy treats any crate/separation time will still be fun for both dogs. :)

I'd say the real question is how humans get along, not how dogs get along. One of my dogs threw up on my sister-in-law's rug and they have since been banned from the house. The result . . . I no longer visit. If you take a hard line, you may prevent future visits from your in-laws. If that's what you want, go for it.

If you want to make it work, I'm sure you can. If worse comes to worse and your pup gets too rough, the poodle can be put in a bedroom when people can't or don't want to watch out for problems.

Reminds me of the time many years ago, we were visiting some friends in Kalbarri and our dog was inside and we were sitting around having a cuppa, the dog had not long before eaten some raw chops. I looked over and I could see she was a about to throw up, I quickly picked her up to fling her out the open door about 10 feet away, big mistake, as I swung the dog around she projectile vomited along the whole wall, poor girl I think she was still vomiting as she was airborne through the door, and our hosts well they just thought it was hilarious and have been giving me stick ever since.