Heelwork To Music

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been slack - too much focus on Training in Drive, the Susan Garrett recallers course and showing Ziva to her conformation title (18 points to go :thumbsup:).

I do plan on watching my Richard Curtis DVD today and get back into it. We've done maintenance training, but no new tricks as yet. Rear end awareness is coming along - but very slowly - it's like when I sometimes tap her on the butt, she gives me a look of "holy cow I can move my back legs" :laugh:

Ok a question for you all regarding costumes for DWD routines, how does one decided what is the right coustume to wear? And if it an era that the song is about do you try to have something as close to it as you can get?

Also can anyone tell me what sort of clothing the women wore doing ww2? Did they wear pants and could they wear them for formal events? Hats?

Ok a question for you all regarding costumes for DWD routines, how does one decided what is the right coustume to wear? And if it an era that the song is about do you try to have something as close to it as you can get?

Also can anyone tell me what sort of clothing the women wore doing ww2? Did they wear pants and could they wear them for formal events? Hats?

Did you look at the link I posted on Friday? here it is again.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=fashions+of+WWII&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=2wkQT_PpM6-QiQfrufkN&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CC

From watching lots of old movies made during WWll & pictures of my mum at that time, the woman wore knee length skirts & suits due to the scarcity of materials. A lot of them worked on the farms & in industry due to the men being overseas where they wore slacks & overalls. When they went to dances & balls they wore long dresses. Get a hold of the movies "Pearl Harbour" & "Paradise Road" to give you some ideas.

Edited by luvsdogs

Now you Guys have started something evil den has a few tricks that I can string together and now I'm going to teach him a few more lol so we can have a routine!!! God help us lol we may actually get entered for a DWD comp this year

ETA: Found the first DWD comp for NSW.. dammit it clashes with agility but at the same grounds so lookss like we'll be multitasking have all hands on deck that day to keep dogs running and dancing lol.. I have a goal lets keep to it

Edited by smisch

Did you look at the link I posted on Friday? here it is again.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=fashions+of+WWII&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=2wkQT_PpM6-QiQfrufkN&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CC

From watching lots of old movies made during WWll & pictures of my mum at that time, the woman wore knee length skirts & suits due to the scarcity of materials. A lot of them worked on the farms & in industry due to the men being overseas where they wore slacks & overalls. When they went to dances & balls they wore long dresses. Get a hold of the movies "Pearl Harbour" & "Paradise Road" to give you some ideas.

Thanks for the link Luvsdogs. I do remember now looking at it on Friday (oops my stuff up).

Now you Guys have started something evil den has a few tricks that I can string together and now I'm going to teach him a few more lol so we can have a routine!!! God help us lol we may actually get entered for a DWD comp this year

ETA: Found the first DWD comp for NSW.. dammit it clashes with agility but at the same grounds so lookss like we'll be multitasking have all hands on deck that day to keep dogs running and dancing lol.. I have a goal lets keep to it

Would love to meet Denver, the next workshop is on Feb 5 before the Feb 26 trial. Be very wary of Tilba though she is such a naughty dog at dwd. :(

Would love to meet Denver, the next workshop is on Feb 5 before the Feb 26 trial. Be very wary of Tilba though she is such a naughty dog at dwd. :(

Oooh we'res it at?? I have a trial the night before so I may not be up to it.. and wheres the trial at and how do I enter?? I havent been able to find anything for it and It gives me something to aim for with him he has a few simple lines.. so we'll see how we go worst that happens we pull LOL

Oooh we'res it at?? I have a trial the night before so I may not be up to it.. and wheres the trial at and how do I enter?? I havent been able to find anything for it and It gives me something to aim for with him he has a few simple lines.. so we'll see how we go worst that happens we pull LOL

There all in the amenities building at EP.

All the dates for the year are here as well as Joan's email addy. Contact her with your questions. She usually emails the flyers for the workshops for those on the list.

DWD page at Dogs NSW

http://dogsnsw.org.au/activities-a-events/dances-with-dogs.html

The entry forms for the trials is found here on the above link.

Resources:

Dancing with Dogs manual

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and enter the 31 March trial to force us into training :laugh: We'll be doing a 1 min 10 sec freestyle routine, not sure if I feel comfortable doing HTM just yet - though today's workshop was very useful.

Just need to get a consistent bow going, but I think we can do everything else in the choreography I have in my head :laugh:

I'll try and get a video up for everyone to critique :)

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and enter the 31 March trial to force us into training :laugh: We'll be doing a 1 min 10 sec freestyle routine, not sure if I feel comfortable doing HTM just yet - though today's workshop was very useful.

Just need to get a consistent bow going, but I think we can do everything else in the choreography I have in my head :laugh:

I'll try and get a video up for everyone to critique :)

We had our first competition of the year up here in QLD yesterday. Toowoomba Dog Obedience club ran the competition for us. Toowoomba is located approx 2hrs west of Brisbane so it was a far drive for us all, but well worth going. It was a lovely venue and a well run trial, thanks Toowoomba Dog Obedience Club.

The results are from the K9freesstye forum for you all to see.

My boys did very well, Chook 1st in HTM Novice and Styler 3rd in HTM Novice and 3rd in Freestyle starters and all quallies. So I am one very happy girl today :D

QLD RESULTS

SATURDAY 4TH FEBRUARY, 2012

JUDGES : VYVYAN MANNION – DEBBY LAMPRECHT – JO MEREDITH

FREESTYLE STARTERS

1st - Dawnview Penny CCD CD – C Winter

Labrador Retriever – "The Black Pearl" - 158.5q

2nd - Stafaholic Femme Fatale CCD CDX ADM JDM SDX GD SPD ET

K Foo - Staffordshire Bull Terrier - "Do It Again" - 154q

3rd - Elkana Steppin Outin Style HTM.S - M Rablin

Border Collie - "Click go the Shears" - 141q

4th - Skipson Miss Conduct - C Pearce

Dachshund S/S - "She's My Baby" - 130.5q