My Dog Digs At Reticulation.

loveretrievers

Our gsd mix is mad about reticulation. Why?? she digs it up from the yard. We took her to the park last night and she found the retic there, she was trying to dig at the ground and rolled on the spot etc. Then sniffed her way to the retic station. Is it the smell of the water? pipes? Our last property didn't have bore water but this one does. The pipes are different here than the last property but still the same, she will dig it up and chew off the pipes. Does not seem to matter how much we get her out of the house or exercise.

Retic hasn't been on at this property for a very long time but she still knows where and how to get to it. At a loss on how to get her to stop, she has to be outside during the day. Anyone else have a dog that's in love with the retic?

Our gsd mix is mad about reticulation. Why?? she digs it up from the yard. We took her to the park last night and she found the retic there, she was trying to dig at the ground and rolled on the spot etc. Then sniffed her way to the retic station. Is it the smell of the water? pipes? Our last property didn't have bore water but this one does. The pipes are different here than the last property but still the same, she will dig it up and chew off the pipes. Does not seem to matter how much we get her out of the house or exercise.

Retic hasn't been on at this property for a very long time but she still knows where and how to get to it. At a loss on how to get her to stop, she has to be outside during the day. Anyone else have a dog that's in love with the retic?

Yep, we have the same problem with our Stafford. Hubby has pulled it all out as she kept eating it!

We also had the same problem with our previous dog and we took it out for him as well. Not sure how old your dog is but ours is almost two. We hand water until they don't care about it anymore, usually a couple of years. Not a great solution but the only one we could come up with.

I think for my dogs it's the sound of the air bubbles in the pipe when the water goes through it, but if yours has not been in use...I don't know.

For us, we turn off the taps when the dogs are out and every night when they are back in their run we turn it on.