Boarding Kennel

SUGEE76

After 2 years of staying home to dote on our lovely dog we have decided that the time has come for us to take our 9 month baby on her first holiday.

As much as we would love to take the dog with us - it is just not going to be practical or fair to him to be honest

Can anyone suggest a good dog boarding facility between Sydney and Nowra?

I would love to hear from people who have used the facility recently and had a really good experience.

Our munchkin is very very precious to us and we really want to make sure that he is safe and cared for and happy

Thanking you in advance for your feedback

Have you thought about a petsitter? I used to do petsitting and all my clients said they were glad they never sent their pets to a kennel. :)

I have tried to have someone care for him at home before and it did not go well...we feel he will be better in a different environment where he can meet and interract with other dogs.

He loves to play with dogs at the dog park so the other dogs will be a good distraction for him.

He sleeps in the house by our bed etc. so I fear he will fret at night being left home alone at night etc.

try changing your topic heading to read boarding kennel for sydney to Nowra you will get alot more reponses

I know lots of people here rave about the kennel that Pax (a doler) owns but I'm not sure which one it is

also have you thought about Don't fret Pet where the dog goes and lives at someone's home?

good luck!

we used Don't Fret Pet recently when we went to Europe for 4 weeks.

We have 2 Golden Retrievers who lived in a home with a retired widow who doted on them, took them walking twice a day and let them sleep by her bed (like they do at home)

It was as much a holiday for them as for us!

Price wise it was close to the cost of kennelling BUT much better IMO..we just supplied the food and their beds/toys.

We left our dogs at a kennel twice before and never ever again, in fact we'll only use Don't Fret Pet in the future!

good luck with finding somewhere!!

Have you thought about a petsitter? I used to do petsitting and all my clients said they were glad they never sent their pets to a kennel. :)

I have tried to have someone care for him at home before and it did not go well...we feel he will be better in a different environment where he can meet and interract with other dogs.

He loves to play with dogs at the dog park so the other dogs will be a good distraction for him.

He sleeps in the house by our bed etc. so I fear he will fret at night being left home alone at night etc.

Oh, that's too bad. :( But you can get petsitters to actually stay at the house too. :)