Neighbors Dog - What Would You Do?

JulesP

My neighbors don't have fencing. We are on a bend and it is a 80km speed limit. Despite me asking them to keep their last dog off my property they did nothing. I considered taking it to the pound but could never get near it. It came across every morning and would piss on my bins and freak my dogs out. I basically decided to out live it and it finally passed of old age.

They got a new pup. With a couple of months pup got run over on the road and broke its leg. They thought that might keep the pup off the road.

Nope I took it back a couple of weeks ago and told it was on the road.

A friend of mine was on my front lawn today loading her very pregnant mare into a float. She has told me that the dog was running around my lawn barking at her. The owners were outside :eek: They just kept calling her back but didn't contain her.

Apart from not wanting the dog on my property, I really don't want to drive home and find it squashed on the road. They had a squashed fox on their front lawn the other day and I felt sick when I went across to see what it was.

It is a little dog. Apart from the possibility of it scaring the pony enough to cause an accident it can't do any damage over here. No ponies now. So the danger is only to itself now.

I am pretty much their only neighbor. What would you do in this situation? If I complain to council they are going to know it was me.

How long is the side of the property between them and you? You may be able to rig up some short chicken wire "fencing" to ram home the hint that you are sick of their dog wandering over to your place whenever it likes...

T.

Put in an anonymous complaint with the council. Tell them you are a regular driver on that road, give them a description of the dog, and tell them you're not sure which house the dog belongs to, but it must be one of these two (yours and over the road). Let them know you've almost hit the dog on at least 3 occasions.

Then if the council do come knocking on your door to see if it is your dog, you can tell them where the dog lives, that it always comes to your place, and the owners' history with other dogs too. ;)

I'd complain to the council and be damned if they knew it was me, although I do like Sir WJs very clever suggestion if you want to remain anonymous. What concerns me is not just the pup, but the accident that it could cause if a driver tries to avoid hitting it doing 80kmh.

Stupid owners icon_smile_mad.gif

Put in an anonymous complaint with the council. Tell them you are a regular driver on that road, give them a description of the dog, and tell them you're not sure which house the dog belongs to, but it must be one of these two (yours and over the road). Let them know you've almost hit the dog on at least 3 occasions.

Then if the council do come knocking on your door to see if it is your dog, you can tell them where the dog lives, that it always comes to your place, and the owners' history with other dogs too. ;)

Sneaky..... I love it :thumbsup:

Guest Willow

Sneaky..... I love it :thumbsup:

Yes, because if you're being "investigated" too, no-one can accuse you of anything!!! Like Haven, I fear this pup is going to cause a driver to be killed sooner or later...and possibly even more tragedy if a driver were to swerve to avoid it and plough into yours or the neighbours properties.