I Have One Of My Pups Coming To Stay For 3 Weeks

Baileys mum

Hi everyone, I have one of my pups from last years litter coming to stay with us tomorrow for 3 weeks while his owners go overseas on holidays.

Rufus is now 15 months old & has been toilet trained as a puppy to use a doggy door & take himself out to the toilet.

problem is that we don't use a doggy door here, & all my dogs just tell me they need to go by standing at our glass sliding door.

Do you think Rufus will get the same idea to do this & just follow our other dogs outside, or should I expect to see some accidents.

I know he will probably feel a little lost at the start & will take a while to settle in, so I was just after some ideas & tips to settle him aswell as tips with his toileting.

Thanks everyone, i'm very excited about one of my babies coming to stay, but also want to make sure that he settles in well & enjoys his stay with us. :)

He is old enough now to be able to hold his bladder if he's been toilet trained, so I would just be proactive and take him out every hour or so.

My dogs lived in a house for a few years with a doggy door, then we moved with no doggy door and have never had an accident inside. They hold on and if really busting, they will try get my attention. But I always take them out of an evening after dinner once or twice before bed time anyway.