Opinions Please

bossyboo

Hi

I know someone that has purchased a new puppy from a breeder on DOL. She is very happy with the puppy. Problem is she is now 12 weeks old and still no papers have arrived, including vacination, microchipping information. She had emailed the breeder who said that she posted them 2 weeks ago, but they have never arrived. She has since rang and left a message but no one has phoned her back :( What is the normal process with forwarding that sort of stuff. My friend is a bit annoyed as it was me that convinced her to go through a registered breeder, and she feels she has been chasing someone who is not interested now that the puppy has left. Thanks

I think every state CCC is different and every breeder is probably different in terms of transfers etc.

What would concern me is that the breeder hasn't responded to the phone call and that the papers were apparently/allegedly sent. My girl's papers took quite a while to come through, but my breeder did keep in touch and hadn't claimed to have posted them.

This seems to be between your friend and the breeder because there are too many variables.

your friend could try calling the state CCC the puppy is from to see if the litter was in fact registered, as a first step.

This :thumbsup:

Also - how many messages has your friend left? If she has only left 1 or 2, I would keep ringing. The breeder may have not got the message and have honestly posted the papers.

your friend could try calling the state CCC the puppy is from to see if the litter was in fact registered, as a first step.

Also - how many messages has your friend left? If she has only left 1 or 2, I would keep ringing. The breeder may have not got the message and have honestly posted the papers.

I agree with the abve comments.

It is totally possible that the breeder did in fact send the papers and they have gone missing. I had my prefix items go missing twice thanks to Australia Post :mad

I agree with the abve comments.

It is totally possible that the breeder did in fact send the papers and they have gone missing. I had my prefix items go missing twice thanks to Australia Post :mad

yep i agree it could be Australia post....Dogs Vic sent back one of my dogs registration certificate after transferring her into my name, but I never received it.

I had to sign a stat dec form & send it back to Dogs Vic, so they could send me out a duplicate certificate.

The original certificate is still out there somewhere, & after 3 years I still haven't seen it.

I would try ringing the breeder again. :)

This. Doing anything else is pointless until you establish that the puppy is actually registered.