Breeders Opinions Needed

Jay57

The dog has been desexed and gone to a pet home as advised by the original breeder, he lives with a poodle who is also desexed, it was a very hard thing to do as we loved the dog and he did have a wonderful temperment,

With that information the breeder should keep their word.

Yep that is the way it happened, he was just over 2 when he was rehomed

If I were you I would be talking with the breeder instead of on a forum to find out what has changed their minds - perhaps they have heard something that they were not comfortable with - not saying this is the case but you need to talk with them.

Can I ask why you didn't have the dog tested first before desexing, he was only young and inexperienced. Personally I feel he was not given a decent chance to prove himself and now you will never know if he actually had swimmers or not.

Good luck - I would not be impressed either, I hope things can be sorted out better than it has been.

Can I ask why you didn't have the dog tested first before desexing, he was only young and inexperienced. Personally I feel he was not given a decent chance to prove himself and now you will never know if he actually had swimmers or not.

x2

And the breeder is the person to be talking to - if you have a written contract and want to persue it then it should stand. Mind you I have had a written undertaking to send me a puppy in lieu of a stud fee paid when there were no pups and after 25 years I think I've given up waiting!

Edited by Sandra777

I agree with talking to the breeder.

I think they should't go back on their word though- if they didn't want the OP to have their lines for some reason, i think they should refund the purchase price of the original dog (if what has been described here is accurate).

I think they should't go back on their word though- if they didn't want the OP to have their lines for some reason, i think they should refund the purchase price of the original dog (if what has been described here is accurate).

Just a thought on a refund - when the dog was sold to a pet home, who kept the money, if you did and they won't agree to another pup then perhaps you can at least get the difference in the purchase price and the pet price of the pup and start looking for another dog.

There is little comfort in being told "forget about and move on, put it down to experience". You do move on but you don't forget.

Edited by Andisa

[/quote

Maybe I should have given him a bit more time in hind sight, he was lovely dog, the breeder in question hung up on me and when I rang back her husband started yelling at me, she will not answer emails , totaly unresponsive

Just a thought on a refund - when the dog was sold to a pet home, who kept the money, if you did and they won't agree to another pup then perhaps you can at least get the difference in the purchase price and the pet price of the pup and start looking for another dog.

There is little comfort in being told "forget about and move on, put it down to experience". You do move on but you don't forget.

I sold him for less than a 1/4 of what I paid for him, his new home was more important and by this stage he was over 2,

If you really are wanting to pursue a replacement pup from this particular breeder - or you want a refund of the difference between what you sold him for and the purchase price you paid the breeder - AND you have their promise of a replacement pup in writing... then I'd be contacting a solicitor and having him/her send a registered letter reminding the breeder of their legal and contractual obligations in this case.

T.

this doesn't really create a positive attitude about the pedigree dog world when this kind of things happens between a breeder and a new comer.

not honoring a written agreement that is disgusting in my humble opinion.

this doesn't really create a positive attitude about the pedigree dog world when this kind of things happens between a breeder and a new comer.

Not disagreeing, but in the original post it is stated the dog has been mated to three bitches. Maybe they don't all or maybe none of them belong to the OP but I read it as if they were 3 bitches of their own (maybe I'm wrong). Newcomers don't have three bitches of breeding age which are all ideal mates for a single dog in a space of 8 months....

Edited by Sandra777

there has only been one side of the story put forward so no real way of knowing exactly what has gone on.