Dogtainers >:(

Guest HarperGD

I rang AAE freight was $350, rang Jetpets freight was $235, rang Dogtainers and freight was $150.

The breeder dropped the dog and crate off at the AAE terminal, I picked him up at this end. Only difference was I rang a company and paid them and got it lots cheaper.

Customer service was good with both.

Next time I will call Wayrod :D

I have found Dogtainers to be fairly poor with customer service. I always seem to speak to the same man when I ring up who is next to useless. I have found Jetpets to offer better customer service.

See I've had the opposite issue.

Emailed enquiries to both Dogtainers and Jetpets, Dogtainers got back to me within 24 hours and Jetpets I had no response from.

I rang AAE freight was $350, rang Jetpets freight was $235, rang Dogtainers and freight was $150.

The breeder dropped the dog and crate off at the AAE terminal, I picked him up at this end. Only difference was I rang a company and paid them and got it lots cheaper.

Another vote for Wayrod here :thumbsup: ...He organised a flight from Melb to cairns for one of my puppies from my last litter, Done it for a great price, very professional & helpful service, & a very nice bloke to talk to aswell. :)

I don't understand why people don't book direct with the airline? No overhead...

They are often more expensive. Although once a puppy buyer booked direct as the quote was cheaper, he also booked a crate which they said wouldn't be a problem. I rocked up and they took one look at the puppy and said that they quoted wrong and it was actually double the price of the initial quote - and they don't hire crates so we have to buy one even though that wasn't what the puppy buyer was told! The joy with going through a shipping company is that 1) they know how big a pup of a certain weight is and 2) they charge less and don't change it on you after the booking is taken!

As to Dogtainers if I can avoid it I will never use them again. The one time I did the pup didn't get on a connecting flight. When I rang back to find out exactly what had gone on and when the pup would arrive I was told that it was my fault because I didn't allow enough time between the two flights (um, they booked it not me!) and I was verbally abused. When asked what flight the pup would be on in the morning I was told that it would be sometime mid-morning as they would not start work before 9am so an 11am flight was the earliest they could do :( So my poor 9 week old pup had a horrible start to his life away from his breeder :( An 8 hour trip (including time before boarding) ended up taking over 24 hours :(

Jetpets are also much cheaper flying to and from Perth :thumbsup:

Yeh ive had only good experiences with dogtainers. Both my dogs i brought over from the east coast. Both times Jetpets quoted me nearly double the price that dogtainers did.

Who does wayrod work for?