Doggy Storm Indicator?

Missymoo

I reckon it will storm this afternoon or even late morning?

How do I know this:

my little dodgy rescue maltese..she hates them and starts panting and shivering and sticking to my ankles when one is due...awww (I do ignore this behavior so I dont make it worse)

do you have one? ;)

How do I know this:

my little dodgy rescue maltese..she hates them and starts panting and shivering and sticking to my ankles when one is due...awww (I do ignore this behavior so I dont make it worse)

do you have one? ;)

I own a storm phobic dog who can smell/sense a storm long before they arrive. Once storm starts and she is freaking out i SILENTLY put her thundershirt on, crate her and then throw a blanket over the crate. I completely ignore her from then on until the storm has passed. Any other response from me just makes her worse.

How do I know this:

do you have one? ;)

Yes! poor Tess never really experienced a thunderstorm until she was about 5, so of course when she did experience her first one she thought the world was going to end!

I have invested in a thundershirt, but haven't really had much of a chance to use it

i used to have one :(

one storm, i didnt get him inside early enough, and in his storm chasing, he took out a panel of the colourbond fence :dropjaw:

wouldnt be surprised if we get one here tonight either, thankfully my current two dont really care

My Kieran always used to smell rain coming :) he would be outside and up would go the head/nose and a couple of decent snifffffs into the wind ..and sure enough .. it would rain very soon after :) he was a staghound . He wasn't normally a sniffer - but maybe he liked the smell?

Zeddy is my storm predictor... about 2 hours before one is about to happen, she gets all sooky and trembly. When the storm actually reaches us, I put her in the bathroom with the light off and close the door, and she settles... she must feel safe in there. If I don't put her in the bathroom, I end up with 30kgs of crazed Rotti/Pittie trying to cower on my lap... *sigh*

T.