Aktifmag, Dr Chris Brown And Dol

jaybeece

Much of my frustration with the show is with Dr B's failure to grasp great opportunities for educating his viewers.

Lets take the 12 month old pug for example.. what's a dog of that age doing in whelp?? No vet I know would recommend it but do we hear anything about it? Nope.

It's one thing to court the ratings by avoiding hard issues but another to see opportunities to educate for the welfare of dogs go begging.

I'd not take my dogs to him either - I honestly don't think he's that good. Maybe if he spent less time "saving" reptiles and big cats under qualified professional care and more time working up his small domestic animal skills, he'd be a more knowledgeable vet.

I don't think he's all that bad. Sure he hams it up for the cameras but that keeps the general public swooning and watching each week - bringing more exposure to pets in general, veterinary care and the benefits of pets within a family/our society. He's not my cup of tea to look at but he's certainly kinder on the eye than another vet who might be fat, middle aged and balding.

I don't think the collective DOL would ever be happy with or approve of any veterinary show on TV :laugh:

Oh come on, as if you all wouldn't want to watch us! You could see how we clean the floors, disinfect cages, desex animals etc, every single week! Maybe if you're really lucky, you'll get to see Lorpis swimming in the pool in Summer :D

I'd not take my dogs to him either - I honestly don't think he's that good. Maybe if he spent less time "saving" reptiles and big cats under qualified professional care and more time working up his small domestic animal skills, he'd be a more knowledgeable vet.

Yes but it's television. Gen public love to see all sorts of animals on the show. My daughter goes mental when she knows a big cat is going to be on, so we always watch the show together. It might not be right but it has the right ingredients to attract a large, general audience.

The episode about the Pitbull puppy pissed me off too but I just take TV shows with a grain of salt.

Stormie, no thanks :laugh: If it was a show based on Orbs facial expressions, maybe - but not cleaning cages and realistic stuff *yawn*.

Guest lavendergirl

Dr Lisa annoys me more. I missed a fair bit of last night's episode where she was taking her little dog to be desexed - did she really ask the surgeon to have a look for "female parts" as well because other male dogs seemed to be "attracted" to him??