Red Dog

maysiemoo

Red Dog is a true story.

I was given the book Red Dog many years ago and it is such an awesome story.

While living in central WA I took some time to visit all the places Red trecked around to, including Dampier etc.

I have been waiting for years to see the movie, ever since there was talk of the book being made into a film. Can't wait!

They filmed part of it 10 minutes down the road from me. Sent my email to them for extras for the filming but was a bit late. they had them all by then.

Have to go now to see who I know milling around in the crowd scenes :laugh: It sounds like a good movie.

Some friends from my obedience club who do lots of tricks were invited to the local premier, they did a live show before the movie, it was a surprise for those attending, they said it was fantastic

Fantastic movie - Koko is fantastic, great acting (surprisingly) by the humans, music is great, scenery is wonderfull. I laughed, I cried, I laughed. Well worth seeing! :thumbsup:

Is it appropriate for kids?

I think it depends how old the kids are - there are some sad bits in it but no bloody in your face stuff like you see on the after 8:30pm TV.

I heard someone on the radio say her 10+ yo boys loved it.

I liked it but I don't think I could watch it again because of the sad bits. There were some fun bits too but I kind of wanted all happy endings instead of some happy endings.

I think it depends how old the kids are - there are some sad bits in it but no bloody in your face stuff like you see on the after 8:30pm TV.

I heard someone on the radio say her 10+ yo boys loved it.

I liked it but I don't think I could watch it again because of the sad bits. There were some fun bits too but I kind of wanted all happy endings instead of some happy endings.

I would agree with that assessment - definately some sad bits in it but thats life - the underlying plot is about mentally healthy community, mutual support and acceptance and how the dog got people to be there for eachother. Its pretty cool IMO.

If anyone is interested there is a signed copy of the book on ebay for auction

Red Dog by Louis De Bernieres Signed by Author and Cast

Auction #150647618326

http://www.ebay.com...._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

donated by the producer, all proceeds will go to to SAFE

http://www.safe.asn....d_Dog_The_Movie

<H1 class=vi-is1-titleH1><H1 class=vi-is1-titleH1><H1 class=vi-is1-titleH1>

</H1></H1></H1>