How Awesome Are Dogs!

Ali

I remember the days when I couldnt understand people's over affection with their dogs (and pets in general) but I've had my pup approaching a month now, and I dont know how I lived with out him!

Dogs are just amazing how they connect with their human owners their desire to please is just amazing, with that they dont demand anything of you. I mean yeah they want to be loved and all that jazz, but even dogs that dont get the affection they deserve they still try their utmost to please.

I have really come to appreciate the term "Mans best friend"

Hercules was just being so perfect on his walk I had to share I just had to share :)

Because tomorrow will be a total bastard and I will want to have a vent hahaha

I totally agree with you, ionly posted something similar a little while ago, I've been (still) sick for some weeks now and my dogs have been amazing! Love them soooooo much!!

I remember when I first got my puppies, I was completely stunned by how much I loved them. It really comes as a shock when you're not used to having pet dogs. I'm amazed how much time I spend on dog forums, how much I look up dog adoption sites (even though there is definitely no more room for any more dogs), how I love seeing other dogs on the street. They also helped put things in perspective for me when I was doing a difficult job, because my dogs are always happy.

I haven't had my girl that long ( prob about 8 mths ) .. She sleeps in my room on her bed . Every night I get kisses ( weather I want them or not ) .. Sometimes if I am really lucky twice she started this a couple of months ago , funny ... She is lovely .. Even if she tries to sneak on the bed some times :D - ahh Labs !

yeah, I have always had some sort of pet... cats, birds, ferrets, rabbits fish. I have always felt empathy and concern for their wellbeing making sure all their needs a fulfilled...but with a dog their uncanny ability to connect just fills you with emotion

I love how dogs can talk to you without saying a word. It goes beyond loving this cuddly puppy, cause I love puppies lol. My girl is amazing though. We only get closer and she is 15months old. People who don't have dogs couldn't possibly know what it's like very much like having children lol. They are hard work at times but it all pays off with the love they give you and it's a unconditional love.

Most of my family think we are crazy, silly dog people and think its "disgusting" that our almost 2 year old GSP sleeps in our daughters beds. I think its sad that they have never experienced that strong emotional bond that comes from that sort of relationship (they all have dogs that are just left outside by themselves all day :( ). To see my grumpy hormonal attitude adjustment needing 16 year son snuggle with our GSP makes me see that he (my son)is a really soft and gentle young man deep down!

I work from home and Hugo is by my side all day and he brings me so much joy, love and laughter. Can't imagine being without him :love::love::love:

We had a dog when I was little but when he passed my family didn't get another one. My mum got one (for my sake, kids always begging for puppies, gosh!) and I visited every weekend for a while but I don't think that's really the same.

I've been talking to my nana about getting a dog (or any pet, but dogs seem most fitting) and I just can NOT get my head around how she doesn't want one. She doesn't want to clean up after it and have to feed it and be tied down, she said when you go on a holiday you'd not be holidaying if you bring your pet, she just doesn't consider it worth it. When I told her I'm saving for a puppy she scoffed at me telling me there are better things to spend my money on!

I'm at a total loss on how to relate to her about this now. It's just a no brainer to me: pets are companions! I like animals more than people, so it's an absolute complete no-doubt-in-my-mind no brainer that I will get one. I love cats and dogs, and I brought a kitten home from a shelter when I fell in love with it and she just hated it.

I'm so confused and lost being around people who don't like animals! They don't dislike animals so how could they not appreciate the bond??

So I decided that instead of dealing with my family's weirdness, I'm moving out before I bring my puppy home. I want to train her right (and rather strictly with routine that I don't want family interfering with so early in her life) and I want her to be loved, not get vibes that she's a burden.

I can't wait! I hope my family are happy with their animal less lives ==;

We had a dog when I was little but when he passed my family didn't get another one. My mum got one (for my sake, kids always begging for puppies, gosh!) and I visited every weekend for a while but I don't think that's really the same.

I've been talking to my nana about getting a dog (or any pet, but dogs seem most fitting) and I just can NOT get my head around how she doesn't want one. She doesn't want to clean up after it and have to feed it and be tied down, she said when you go on a holiday you'd not be holidaying if you bring your pet, she just doesn't consider it worth it. When I told her I'm saving for a puppy she scoffed at me telling me there are better things to spend my money on!

I'm at a total loss on how to relate to her about this now. It's just a no brainer to me: pets are companions! I like animals more than people, so it's an absolute complete no-doubt-in-my-mind no brainer that I will get one. I love cats and dogs, and I brought a kitten home from a shelter when I fell in love with it and she just hated it.

I'm so confused and lost being around people who don't like animals! They don't dislike animals so how could they not appreciate the bond??

So I decided that instead of dealing with my family's weirdness, I'm moving out before I bring my puppy home. I want to train her right (and rather strictly with routine that I don't want family interfering with so early in her life) and I want her to be loved, not get vibes that she's a burden.

I can't wait! I hope my family are happy with their animal less lives ==;

I know what you mean...can you imagine comming home from a hard day at work to no doggie kisses! To me a home without a dog isn't a home. But then again I have no interest in babies (other than my own of course) and people, especially other women have a hard time believing I don't think sos n so's baby is cute. I say 'blah you've seen 1 baby you've seen em all' Puppies, kittens = cute, cute, cute!