Paradise Vet Hospital Adelaide

MadWoofter

We use the vet clinic on Prospect Road, Prospect and have done so since Dec 2004 when we arrived in Adelaide. They were beyond exceptional when we had Casper pts in May. Their sensitivity made the awful task not as bad as it could have been and i will be eternally grateful to them for their sensitivity.

We have been to Holden Hill Vet clinic on North East Rd, had puppy school there and a visit due to conjunctivities, they seem alright. The best vet in Adelaide is Chris at Noah's crossing at Two wells. I got Spudd desexed there. :thumbsup: It's a bit far but worth it!

I've heard good things spoken of these in your area

Payneham Vet Clinic on Portrush Rd

And

Adelaide Animal Hospital - open 7 days (but not 24 hours)

301 Magill Road, Trinity Gardens SA 5068 Telephone: 8364 1577

http://www.adelaidevet.com.au/

I use Glenside Vet on Greenhill road or Colonel Light Gardens Vets on Springbank road

both are good though at CLG some of them are better at explaining what they're doing and why than others. Dog seems happy - though she doesn't like the busy roads that they're both on. We haven't had any serious emergency (other than eating the occasional bad thing and going in for the vomit treatment). Apparently that's the true test of whether your vet is any good. And I might be going to magill road if that happens.

I'm sorry that was your experience Snook :(

Just for the record though, my dogs have had some 'wierd' thing come up & Michael has always been proactive about diagnostic tests and thinking outside the box for answers & treatment.

Any decisions re not proceeding w potential treatment options, mainly surgical ones, have always been made in conjunction w me after weighing up benefit vs trauma to my dogs.

I have also visited other vets within this time for a second opinion for serious things, mainly because I'm one of those owners who wants to be completely and utterly sure about what is being done for my dogs and have never receivd a second opinion that conflicted with what Michael had said.

I have noaffiliation w Michael, this is just IMO & IME

• 2 weeks later...

Some great photos here -

Thought this blog was meant to recommend a vet not diss one. Fancy contacting someone personally too, surely that is outside the rules of this format ........bit odd.

Anyway don't listen to Snook - obviously Dr Burke's approach did not suit this person, you can't please all of the people all of the time. As spokesperson for a very large collective group of extremely satisfied customers of the wonderful Dr Burke we couldn't be happier with him, being more than happy to recommend his clinic and freqently do so to ecstatic feedback!

We all love his gentle compassionate mannner to both us and our pets. We are grateful he does not rush into expensive testing or surgeries, thinking of the benefits vrs trauma as Rottshowgirl says. Not everyone has the means to rush into testing and or surgery and it is not always in the best interest of the animal. He does not seem interested in just lining his pockets, he thinks of the owner whilst keeping in mind the best interest of our pets.

We have in our group people who have dogs that have or have had the same dermatitis thing snook mentioned - one of the dogs Dr Burke recommended and did surgery another is being watched as it is mild and not in the best interest of the dog.

People whom we have recommended to him for second opinions have all said the same thing: he refused to criticize the other vet(s) as he says it could easily be him and the final vet always has the benefit of extra information and time anyway.

You could try the St Bernards Road Veterinary Clinic at Magill. 81-83 St Bernards Rd, ph: (08) 83644545. No personal experience with them other than to say one of the vets who works there is a good friend of mine and I would certainly trust her with any of my guys if we didn't live on the other side of town.

I did ask about a price on cartrophen injections when I was doing a ring around for a ballpark figure and there price was certainly the cheapest around the place although I still opted to go to our local vet for the sake of convenience.