Hendra Virus Found In Dog

dishlicker

Also just curious....

with the Ekka starting in a few weeks will there be restrictions on animals

eg: horses and dogs...

travelling to and from certain areas to the Royal that will/wont be allowed onto the grounds ??? :confused: or is it not that contagious ?? :confused:

unlike the horse flu out break a couple of years ago, that stopped so many horse events from going ahead. :confused:

Just heard this on the radio. A very significant cause for concern.

:(

I have just heard on the news this morning , that the dog has passed away from this virus......

Yes CC it is cause for concern.

Hi,

Not sure if that report is correct, the dog was asympomatic and didn't show any sign of illness but had tested to antibodies.......a DPI guy was on the news tonight saying dog will be PTS tomorrow

:( I very much hope you are right Showpony, I did hear something but I was walking past, they had said the Kelpie had died so I am hope to all hell I am wrong.....

I have listen to the news since then and there has been no mention of it, but it is a worry all the same.....

No I dont believe that it has passed away, and they were trying to figure out if they should PTS or study it more.

I think they should study it more, and try and figure out how it got Hendra. They were questiong wether it was definately Hendra or not as it was very low levels of the virus.

:) Sat up untill midnight last night and it was finally on, another horse has died that made 5 (Ithink)

The Kelpie with Hendra is alive and still showing no signs of sickness....

There was a Kelpie that had Parvo and died from that Virus.......phew :)