Does Anyone Know Where This Lead Came From?

SwaY

Any country saddler should be able to make you one of these in a flash.Very common style for a stockman's bridle.If you are the crafty type 'Bush Leather Work' by Ron Edwards will show you how do it and a lot of other plaits as well.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe these??

I can get these ones

post-6329-1241437694_thumb.jpg

[attachment=175746:Training_Lead.jpg

Hmm didnt copy the whole post here's the link intead post #14

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/166125-leather-leads/page__p__3648948__hl__%22leather+lead%22__fromsearch__1#entry3648948

Thank you! The rubber band makes me think it could be 4 Paws who sold them. I have sent a message - THANK YOU !!

Maybe these??

I can get these ones

post-6329-1241437694_thumb.jpg

[attachment=175746:Training_Lead.jpg

Hmm didnt copy the whole post here's the link intead post #14

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/166125-leather-leads/page__p__3648948__hl__%22leather+lead%22__fromsearch__1#entry3648948

Thank you! The rubber band makes me think it could be 4 Paws who sold them. I have sent a message - THANK YOU !!

I was just about to say try 4 paws, they were selling them on DOL.

Another thought on the leads from K9 Pro - I have 2 of their leads, one plaited and one plain, the plain lead is very soft in the hands, not so much the plaited one. It may be different leather or just treated differently but the plain lead is a pleasure to use. I can take them next weekend to the shows if you want to check them out.

Hi Sway

The GSDL in NSW has for a long time sold leads like the one you show, several people supply these leads in different qualities of leather, also they have some imported from England and Germany as well. Try contacting the marketing officer of the GSDL to see if they can help.

The GSDL will have it's marketing tent at the Spring Fair on the GSDL grounds at Erskine Park.

I've got that lead from:-

For Dog Trainers.com in the US

link

I've just bought two more leads and can definately recommend them - delivery was only 10 days :thumbsup:

Seriously, did you look at this persons link, because it is the exact same lead you are looking for,Made in black, brown and tan.

Here it is again.

http://www.fordogtrainers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=3885

Edited by Mervin

I wish to buy another lead EXACTLY the same - please do not suggest others that are good, I want this one!

;) I wouldn't dare suggest you get another one but I do dare to suggest you can make them REALLY easily!! I bought some bridle leather 6ft lengths and made four for my borzoi. Your local leather suppliers should also be able to supply the clips. I still have mine and they are now nearly 15 years old - I love them, they are soft and pliable. The fancy 'plait' is also easy to do!! I worked it out from another lead and I would be happy to show you if you go down this path. :thumbsup:

Respectfully

Cairo1

:D

I've got that lead from:-

For Dog Trainers.com in the US

link

I've just bought two more leads and can definately recommend them - delivery was only 10 days :thumbsup:

Seriously, did you look at this persons link, because it is the exact same lead you are looking for,Made in black, brown and tan.

Here it is again.

http://www.fordogtrainers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=3885

Seriously, did you look at my picture?

It's not the same lead - mine has less twisting, it also has detailing along the side of the lead which that one does not have.

As I have already said the pattern is common, the quality of the leather is not.

Are you sure it's not a k9 Pro leash? It looks exactly like the old range of standard leashes we used to sell years ago - I have one that is exactly the same from a few years back.

Yes im sure for the 4th time.

Looks a lot like the leads they sell at K9Pro

I think you'll find it's one of theirs.

www.k9pro.com.au

It's not one of there's, I have one and it's not the same.

I don't know his current stock but years ago he had different leads available. That looks like one Steve had years and years ago. Might be worth asking him if it was? The leather looks exactly like his leads

For the 5th time.......ITS NOT A F&%$#*&^G   K9 PRO LEADDDDDDDD

HaHa your really funny :laugh: You ask for people to help you, they offer suggestions and you get mad, chill out. Perhaps just buy any of the leads suggested as if you can't remember where you bought your favoourite lead from, with your attention span a similar lead will do, as after a few weeks you wont know which is which. :rofl: If you bought it online check your credit card history.

Are you absolutely positive it's not a K9 PRO? :)

Msg TEEBS,

I got one through SS the Xmas before last from her, and it looks IDENTICAL to yours

I'm 110% it was purchased from a Doler but you would have to ask her which one :thumbsup:

Good luck, it's worth it ... the quality is fantastic

Edited by Chiwogabull*

For the 5th time.......ITS NOT A F&%$#*&^G   K9 PRO LEADDDDDDDD

HaHa your really funny :laugh: You ask for people to help you, they offer suggestions and you get mad, chill out. Perhaps just buy any of the leads suggested as if you can't remember where you bought your favoourite lead from, with your attention span a similar lead will do, as after a few weeks you wont know which is which. :rofl: If you bought it online check your credit card history.

Are you absolutely positive it's not a K9 PRO? :)

Tool

Msg TEEBS,

I got one through SS the Xmas before last from her, and it looks IDENTICAL to yours

I'm 110% it was purchased from a Doler but you would have to ask her which one :thumbsup:

Good luck, it's worth it ... the quality is fantastic

thanks, will do.