Anal Gland Dog Smell?

I've read alot of threads here and it has come to my concern, before I consult a vet.

Ive had my rotty pup since the start, he is just over 5 months now.

I always got use to his dog smell, farting ever since and cant distinguish if its his normal dog smell or its a condition. To me it smells nothing out of the ordinary, as i assume he produces the pup smell naturally and also farts like us.

As i Stumble Upon on anal glands that aren't functioning properly, it has brought me to my attention if my pup has that problem.

He feeds on black hawk,yoghurt,and beef mince at night.

I notice when he does his morning poo's the first ones are firm, than sometimes the 2nd lot are softer than the first.

And he does chase his tail, but I assume all dogs tend to do that at certain age.

This is my first dog so all smells are the same to me lol.

Is there any concern from my situation?

It would be unusual for a young pup to have AG problems ..... IMO . What bones does your pup get? is the beef mince a dog one, with ground up bone in? he may enjoy chicken carcasses or turkey necks to chew on :) Bone (RAW) in the diet also helps make poo a better consistency to aid in squeezing the anal glands :)

I have two great danes and a boxer - one has an anal gland issue. trust me, you know!! The other farts like there is no tomorrow, that stinks, but nothing like anal gland fluid. I suspect what you describe would not be anal glands, probably normal puppy smells. :)