Bringing A Dog To Another Country

nicolatu

Thanks for all the replies and it has been helpful to help me decide. There is one my main reason why I would prefer using an agent rather than doing it myself.

If I miss any documents out, it will be disastrous (either my dog gets destroyed or gets sent back to Australia). I would rather my dog have 0% chance of experiencing that.

The quote I was given includes "complementary collection (Metropolitan areas) final health inspection and treatments (within 24 hours prior to departure), health certification, Export and Health permits, travel container (IATA std), Airline Export Documents, airfares and associated airline charges through to Macau."

I called Dog Tainers and they told me that they will collect my dog on Sunday in Melbourne and he will arrive on Monday in Macau. That sounds reasonable to me but I'm just worried about how he will be treated and the conditions he will be in (Manila). I have never been to Manila so that is my main concern.

Nic

Good Luck Nicolatu, how exciting! :happydance2:

Are you flying the same Airline as your dog?

If you're flying Philipine airlines, you could call their customer service and explain you're worried about your dog's transit - maybe there will be some way for you or your agent to receive feedback that your dog is okay?

In Ankara I was fretful and worried for my two puppies who were traveling with me. A lovely lady from Qatar Airlines ground staff (who I'd be speaking to), boarded the plane just before departure, to tell me in person that my puppies were now on board in the air-conditioned cargo (with their water and were doing fine :)) and that Qatar ground staff in Doha had been contacted, so the puppies would have fast transfer on arrival - it was hot in Turkey but it was 40C and humid at 9pm in Doha :eek:.

Edited by lilli

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic