Breeding Contempt - No-sale Pups Left At Pound

Teebs

I believe when people saw they were in the pound they did go and get them. Not sure who or how appropriate the homes were, this was down in Esperance though, so not sure if you have carers down here?

We have carers in Albany , Denmark etc and even fly pups down from places like Newman ......where there is a will there's usually a way :)

I've said before that I reckon an advertising campaign regarding the basic cost of keeping a pet would deter lots of emotional pet purchasing. If those paying the food and registration and health costs could anticipate what that beautiful puppy in the pet shop window was going to cost each week over its first year they may think twice about buying it in the first place. Same with unwanted litters - they could compare the cost of desexing to raising a litter of puppies and that would also deter some. I also reckon that some comparisons between buying a puppy from a breeder and pet shop or back yard breeder might educate some as I am continually shocked at the prices on pet shop windows for dogs that come with no history and even more shocked that people are buying them!