Feeding Raw

Hi, Ive been feeding Banjo on the dry food suggested by the breeder, but would like to move him on to raw or part raw diet. I was thinking dry in the morning and then raw plus some dry at night?

Is he to young to start on raw, should i just leave him on the recommended dry till he is 12 months as suggested.

Any comments greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Nope, he's not too young (mine get raw from 5 weeks) but you do need to ensure you are still giving him a suitable diet, so if you don't know much about raw feeding, study up a bit and take it from there. Me, I wouldn't bother giving raw and dry together to a dog his size - his raw meal could be a chicken maryland for example so no need for dry as well - easy enough to find suitable sized lumps of raw food for a dog that size :)

:) I think it's a good plan .. BUT study THIS THREAD on raw feeding well before starting .. introduce it gradually to avoid tummy upsets , and don't forget to ask lots of questions :) he'll love it!

Thanks for the referal persephone, very helpful and mind spinning thread. Lots of good info though.

And thanks for hints about dry, Sandra777 :)