Think My Old Dog Is Jealous Of The New Puppy

As the title says I think my old boy is a bit off by the new puppy. Toby seems less tolerant of the puppy then he has been with our other dogs. He also seems to be acting out more then normal, he's just become so naughty lately. What can I do to keep him happy with the new puppy. Toby is nearly 8 years, Noah is 6 months and Fly ( the new puppy ) 9 weeks if this helps.

I have a new pup too, also named Fly :)

There is no doubt that puppies are great time wasters :) I'm just trying to make sure that as little as possible changes in my other dogs lives. I make sure that she is separated from them often & that they have somewhere to get away from Fly if they want to. I also make sure that we include her in things we normally do. I play with them while she is around, give treats to all together and spend time with them while she is asleep.

Pep, my daughters dog seems the most put out. I think

I will need to make the same effort with her that I am making with my dogs...since my daughter is not :(

My older girls have surprised me. Shine normally LOVES any puppies & Trim normally has no time for them at all. Even after only a few days, they seem to know Fly is staying. Shine is acting like a bitch would to her pups, tolerating a bit, and disciplining anything she deems inappropriate. Trim seems to love having her around, she initiates play with her & seems happy to put up with Fly hanging off her neck. Yesterday some of Flys littermates came to visit & Trim was back to her normal "I hate puppies" self, but still good with Fly.

Edited by Vickie

RS no Fly is a Border Collie, decided we would go over to the dark side :laugh: She's supposed to be my brother's dog but I might have to steal her she is so goregous.

Vickie is your girl a Border Collie? I have been trying to keep everything as normal as possible for Toby, he doesnt like dogs or puppies jumping all ove him and he has told her off a couple of times. Noah my little fluffy is in love with her.

Vickie is your girl a Border Collie?

But of course! VBG.

Here's a bit of trivia for you...Fly is the 4th most common name in the history of the ISDS Registry :). Over 8,000 BC bitches registered as Fly.

Original aren't we, lol.

Edited by Vickie