Staffordshire Bull Terriers

just my two cents worth to intrepidstaff,dont feel to bad a couple of years agoi was in the same place you are and posted about our first litter we had born i also faced some criticism however i also took the advice of people who have been in this breed far longer then iand know what they are talking about.

i have been lucky enough to get the help of a few people who have been in the breed for a very long time they dont sugercoat their opionion and have been fundamental in getting us started in a new direction with our dogs to these people i will be forever grateful,

i have thought long and hard about what direction to go with in the future and i know the people who are helping me will let me know their opionion on certain dogs

i suggest intrepidstaff that you also try and find a person or people like this to help you and as readysetgo as already said blues are really not the way to go we as their are very very few quality blues.

No one from what i can tell was being nasty in their advice more then likely they were thinking not another blue stafford breeder in a breed which is over run with them

Please take the advice of people of people who really know what they are talking about who have put their blood sweat and tears into the breed imo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just my two cents worth to intrepidstaff,dont feel to bad a couple of years agoi was in the same place you are and posted about our first litter we had born i also faced some criticism however i also took the advice of people who have been in this breed far longer then iand know what they are talking about.

i have been lucky enough to get the help of a few people who have been in the breed for a very long time they dont sugercoat their opionion and have been fundamental in getting us started in a new direction with our dogs to these people i will be forever grateful,

i have thought long and hard about what direction to go with in the future and i know the people who are helping me will let me know their opionion on certain dogs

i suggest intrepidstaff that you also try and find a person or people like this to help you and as readysetgo as already said blues are really not the way to go we as their are very very few quality blues.

No one from what i can tell was being nasty in their advice more then likely they were thinking not another blue stafford breeder in a breed which is over run with them

Please take the advice of people of people who really know what they are talking about who have put their blood sweat and tears into the breed imo

Hi, Thanks for the advice i have taken notice of many comments and have just mailed my family membership to SBT Society of NSW. I will continue to attempt to locate a mentor as I believe this is the most important and best thing for me to do, because i do value thier opinion and advice.....even the cranky ones. I totally understand the blues have been flogged to death and i for one am sick of the amount of people doing this purely for profit and ruining the breed, some of these so called blues dont even look like staffies....dont worry it angers me as well. I love my blue male, and I believe he is one of the better males I have seen, (he was purchased from a reputable breeder in Victoria) but he doesnt have to form part of my breeding plans, my interest in breeding did not now or ever stem from wanting to breed blues, if i never breed him i dont care he is my mate. My all time favourites are the reds. Thanks again for your comments.

Hi, Thanks for the advice i have taken notice of many comments and have just mailed my family membership to SBT Society of NSW. I will continue to attempt to locate a mentor as I believe this is the most important and best thing for me to do, because i do value thier opinion and advice.....even the cranky ones. I totally understand the blues have been flogged to death and i for one am sick of the amount of people doing this purely for profit and ruining the breed, some of these so called blues dont even look like staffies....dont worry it angers me as well. I love my blue male, and I believe he is one of the better males I have seen, (he was purchased from a reputable breeder in Victoria) but he doesnt have to form part of my breeding plans, my interest in breeding did not now or ever stem from wanting to breed blues, if i never breed him i dont care he is my mate. My all time favourites are the reds. Thanks again for your comments.

I think finding a good mentor is the best way for you to begin...

He might be one of the better males you have seen however he doesn't conform to the breed standard (because dilutes simply cannot have the black pigment required) and therefore shouldn't be bred from.

Edited by Aziah

People like myself? What group of people do I belong to exactly? I haven't played any part in one of these threads before, I only piped up here because it annoyed me that the guy was continually thanking everyone for their advice and still receiving crappy treatment, and has now left with a bad taste in his mouth.

the type of person who just has to tell the big bad dog breeders how nasty they are to all the poor newbies who venture in here and then don't like the answers they get cause they are given to them straight.

:thumbsup:

I've got a desexed champion sleeping on my couch because he is not good enough to breed on with. He's still my baby.

I will continue to attempt to locate a mentor as I believe this is the most important and best thing for me to do,

Contact the breeder of your dog. Any reputable breeder would be happy to mentor someone who is genuinely interested in doing the right thing, especially when they already have a dog from that breeder

I love my blue male, and I believe he is one of the better males I have seen,

Well I would suggest you get him out in public in the show ring and prove to people that there can be such a thing as a quality blue - and at the same time you will be proving you are serious about the breed to those people who will probably be the ones you need to get advice and help from over the time you spend living your dream to breed great Staffords.

if i never breed him i dont care he is my mate.

And so he should be.

:thumbsup:

I've got a desexed champion sleeping on my couch because he is not good enough to breed on with. He's still my baby.

I have a desexed CH here too.

He was my first Sammie and I adore him but hes not breeding quality. He is still the worlds best dog though ;)