Omg! The Crate Is Massive! Where Do You Keep Yours?

Aztec Gold

I keep mine at the foot of my bed. But it's not that big anyways (it's a little smaller than yours). As for what I put on the bottom, I put one of his many beds down so it's soft and plush for him. He hates sleeping in it though so we're getting him a soft crate that's bloody gigantic next. :thumbsup:

I have a crate as a bedside table, two crates sit side-by-side in the dining room (and I sometimes use it as a seat when watching TV), and another crate is in the dining room which is bigger and can be used as a table/shelf when needed.

The 42" is massive!!

I keep my crate in the lounge room where we spend most of our time.

My pup did not sleep in my room - she slept in her crate in the lounge room. We have had no problem with her sleeping though but she does wake up very early!!

I do not intend keeping the crate in the lounge forever (does not really go with my decor) - I plan on moving it to the rumpus room where the other dogs beds are.

You want to make the crate very cosy. I use vet bed to line the bottom on the crate (is great as it is machine washable and lasts forever) and then I have a human pillow as the bed, another smaller pillow, and a large teddy. A small blanket is also a good idea as puppies like scratching around to get comfy.

2 crates are under the window in the living room side by side. Another crate is placed beside the entertainment unit (Charlie likes watching us watch tv). The other spare crates are put away in storage.

Folded up in the shed. I only use a crate for a new puppy, they aren't ever shut in them, just sleep in one when they are inside during the day.

Now I just use a crate at dog shows. The dogs have beds in our room on the floor.

My 42" was (and will be going back to) in the lounge room. I have a nice doona cover over it, and a piece of wood and I use it as an extra table next to the lounge.

Crates are a big part of my furniture, so I tend to cover them and use them as tables around the house.

Inside I have few mattress protectors that I picked up from the op-shop. They are easy to wash and dry if they get dirty. They dont have much padding in each section, so if they get chewed there is not tooo much that can be ingested, or spread around the house. And they only cost a few dollars so when they get trashed I can throw it out and get a new one. My older dogs have proper beds in them, but with a pup around they have all been put away and been replaced with mattress protectors too! Once Franky stops chewing the normal dog beds will come back out :)

I have a 42" crate for Sonny & yes it is ginormous !! & he absolutely loves it. His is in the laundry cause he sleeps there at night, with the door open.

I have a Snooza futon in there with a satin pillow ( just stops his coat from getting knotty) case over it & he has a pillow as well, very spoilt !!. I find these futons very good as

they are made from 100 % wool, so they are warm in winter & cool in summer. I got mine from Dog Beds Galore online. They last for years & I Just wash them in

the machine & line dry. :)

I have one at the foot of the bed, the rest are in the dog trailer for shows. Of course the greys have the choice of 2 couches or my bed for alternative sleeping places :laugh: but they all take turns sleeping in the crate (open)

Ive got 2 48" crates which are set up in the garage which is where the dogs used to be crated at night. Now they are in the backroom of a night sectioned off with a babygate. Crates are used if the dogs are mucking up inside and its 'bedtime'

At our old house the dogs couldnt come inside because it was a rental so they were crated in the garage at night.

I have a 42" crate in our bedroom at the foot of our bed. It's covered with a quilt so it looks like it belongs. Also the quilt makes it like a cave.

I've got half the crate blocked off so he doesn't pee but that didn't work. (Had 3 accidents in 4 weeks) He is almost 12 weeks old. I had a stuffed dog bed in there which I had to wash and it took 3 days to dry. So now he gets layers of thick towel, sheet and two fluffy blankets which will all fit in the wash and dryer. ;)

Edited by kasoo

I have a 48" crate pretty much at the foot of our bed. It sure is huge! We just have two blankets draped over it to keep the light out for Kyojin and to give him some peace and quiet from the cats. We used to have blankets in there and then bought him a bed, but at the moment he doesn't have anything lining his crate since he always kicks everything to the side and lies on the metal anyway.

Mine have soft crates - one is in the walk in robe - the other is in the corner of the bedroom - they only use them for sleeping at night and are zipped in.

I have 2 of the the square dog beds that COTD was selling a while ago in one of them and some pillows and cushions covered by a blanket in the other one.

the 36" crate in my bedroom is hidden in the corner and has a quilt folded on it during the day and put over it during the night - it looks fine. One of my coolies, Latte and my griffon sleep in that together, the other 3 sleep where they like normally on my bed or on a loungechair. Latte likes to destroy everything or barks all night, that's why she is crated and she is so good in her crate, not a peep out of her once she is in there. the griffon probably could sleep on my bed but he is only a pup so I would rather know where he was hence the crate.

the 48" crate in the familyroom is so out of place and just looks plain ugly but at this stage with a very little pup in the house, four other dogs, it's very handy to have it up. I was feeding the griffon in it so he could take his time but Latte kept rushing at it and barking so she now gets locked in that crate and fed and he gets fed in the kitchen, the others in the family room. Once Mocha is alot bigger I won't need this crate so can take it down.