Send Us Good Doggie Vibes...

Emma is back in hospital again, hopefully only for the day. :cry:

Don't know what is wrong, thought it was too much insulin but who knows. She's been a fussy eater the last 3 weeks since having her dose changed, but in the last day has refused food altogether. So sample sent off for a full blood screen hopefully that will give me some answers around lunchtime.

I'm now having to live the pitfalls of adopting a senior dog, I've only had Em for 3.5 years and we have to deal with all this aging business so quickly. Not that I'd have left her to be adopted by someone else. But it feels a bit unfair that we haven't had a super long time together and we're dealing with these problems. :(

Edited by Pretty Miss Emma

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a good update.

Emma was put to sleep at about 4pm. :cry: her kidneys had stopped working and we could have done some treatment but there was no way I was putting my beautiful girl through something that wasn't going to do a lot for her. So Kenzie and I spent about an hour with her and then my Mum came and we all spent some time then she went away peacefully and just looked beautiful, quiet and pain free - that's all that really matters.

I'm totally devastated. She was my first dog and 3.5 years is just not long enough to have together. But I have lovely memories to hold on to and my munchkin Kenzie is being a gorgeous girl.

Everyone give your pups a hug from me tonight and tell them thankyou for being there with you!

Rest easy beautiful Emma :cry:

What a very sad day for you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Emma gave you over 3 wonderful years and I'm sure they were her very best years.

Emma is always in your heart and she will be watching you from the bridge.