Puppy Teeth

sheena

My BC pup, Cricket, is now 4 months old. I seem to remember with my older BC that she was well & truely chewing things up by this time. Do I still have this to "look forward" to with Cricket, At what age do they start to get their adult teeth. Thought it may have been above in the "puppy development" section.

My lab puppy is 5 months old tomorrow. The only adult teeth she has are her front 4 top and bottom. Others beside this are starting to come through. It was only a few weeks ago I noticed them starting to come through.

I have been dreading the adult teeth as this is when the destruction starts!

Edited by buddy1

So I still have the "I must chew everything up" stage to go. He has been so good so far. With Bindi it didn't matter how many other nice things I gave her to chew, she still destroyed everything she could get her teeth into, including the timber walls of the house. :mad

Rumour is currently 18 weeks and has a mixture of adult and puppy teeth. I haven't found chewing to be too much of an issue, that may be because she has a few old towels that she likes to drag around and chew on. I'm hoping that will stop her chewing on all of my things :laugh:

My previous cattle dog was great and never really chewed on anything we didn't want him to. But my current Kelpie is a little different...he wants to chew on everything. I have noticed that as he got older, he is starting to prefer harder chew toys and anything that has a "gummy" feel to it. Maybe get those fake bones? I also picked up a thing called "Texan T-Bone" from Big W for about $10 and its supposed to be flavoured (but made of safe plastic..dunno how that works) and my pup loves chewing on it. Good luck and don't leave anything too valuable within reach of your teething pup!