Family Days?

alli78

Hi all, not sure if Im in the right place to ask, Im looking for a newfoundland puppy in the near future and have contacted just about every breeder I can find, and alot have recommended attending "family days" to meet the breeders and their dogs, so just wondering if anyone could tell me where I might find out where and when these types of days are held?

I've not heard of family days but to meet breeders go to some dog shows. You get to talk to different breeders and see how their dogs react in a public arena.

Some breed clubs hold these "fun' days or 'family" days, plus once or twice a year sometimes there are large pet expos which the breed clubs attend with dogs to get them in the public eye.

If several breeders are saying this, it sounds like the breed club holds them regularly - contact the Newfoundland Club in your state. Just checked - you are VIC, so contact numbers should be available from Dogs Vic.

ETA: club contact details per DogsVic site are Secretary Megan Bundy ph 59685929.

Edited by RuralPug