Pregnant Bitch And Jumping

jr_inoz

My bitch may be in whelp (two and a half weeks from mating).

At the moment, softy that I am, she sleeps at the foot of my bed.

She will jump off the bed in the middle of the night to go and toilet. At what point do I stop her from sleeping on the bed to stop her from jumping off the bed?

thanks all.

We are doing our walks and exercising as per normal.

I had read that she shouldn't be jumping off high things (like the bed) later in her pregnancy. Just wanting to make sure. She reabsorbed a litter late last year/early this year with no explanation (no evidence of injury, infection etc) so being a little more cautious this time around.

Generally they have enough sense to know what they are capable of clearing however with really small breeds I would be more careful. Off the bed is a small jump for say a dalmation but its a big jump for a pomeranian.

I saw the kelpie cross over the road sail over the 6 foot iron fence the day it dropped its pups :eek: No use being phobic but some common sense should prevail.

Gabby (Sheltie) was still jumping on and off my bed with seven pups on board until two days before she whelped. My bed is a reasonably high bed.

She was also trying to jump onto the single bed in the whelping room when she was about to drop the pups. I think she thought that because I would not let her stay in the bathroom - which had become her favourite place in the last week she was going to have them on the bed.

TB

Jazz was still getting on and off the grooming table by her own choice until around 6 weeks and getting on and off the furniture until nearly the end. I worried she would over do it but usually as I looked and thought hmmm should she be doing that she would stop herself over the next day or so.