Broken Lens

Cat

I have a Nikon D40X.

My clumsy kitten was falling off the desk and in flailing for something to stop her falling, grabbed my camera and they both ended up on the floor. Kitty is fine, but camera not so good. I think the body is fine, but the lens does not move anymore and therefore doesn't focus. I have only ever had the lens the camera came with and assume that if I just get a new one it will be ok?

Can anyone recommend a new lens and where would be the best place to get it?

That sucks :(

As for recommending a new lens, if your original one was doing what you needed to do, get another.

If you want to change it up, you'll need to give us some idea of what you like to shoot as there are about a zillion options out there!

You can take your body to a camera store and test a couple of lenses to make sure the body is performing like it should. At least you'll know if you need to send it in for service.

That sucks :(

As for recommending a new lens, if your original one was doing what you needed to do, get another.

If you want to change it up, you'll need to give us some idea of what you like to shoot as there are about a zillion options out there!

You can take your body to a camera store and test a couple of lenses to make sure the body is performing like it should. At least you'll know if you need to send it in for service.

Thanks! I didn't realise that was option.

I was wanting to eventually get one with more zoom as I am usually taking photos of animals and can't always get too close. I may as well do that now if it is not too much more than the original one.

Edited by Cat