Any Ideas Of Where I Can Get My Big Girl Some Pj's/sweater?

frenzied1

Maisie is my little Staffy and she loves having her PJ's on, she will sit in front of me and wait for them to be put on. I didn't think either if my other 2 dogs were interested until yesterday Kenzie my Wolfie X was trying to get into Maisie's PJ's.

So can anyone recommend a place where I can get a doggy sweater or Pj's for a larger dog I would say from neck to base of tail she is about 55cm.

Thanks in advance?

My guys have Meg's raincoats and they are great :)

Just wanted to mention though, make sure you measure properly because you know Satchmo - he is 71cm from neck to base of tail :) Not sure how big Kenzie actually is but my little Aussie girl is 51cm.

Thanks guys. I want indoor jumpers though I already have a great coat for her, it is a dog rug made the same way a horse rug is, it is the best coat ever. Anyway yes I would like jumpers rather than coats.

P.S How is the wonderful Satchmo?

Thanks guys. I want indoor jumpers though I already have a great coat for her, it is a dog rug made the same way a horse rug is, it is the best coat ever. Anyway yes I would like jumpers rather than coats.

P.S How is the wonderful Satchmo?

Meg makes PJs :)

Satchmo is good, depending on the day he is either an angel or a PITA :rofl:

anniek might be able to help you out, her coats are great! They are made for greyhounds but might fit a wolfy x

http://www.freewebs.com/anniescoats/index.htm

AND all profits go into making more coats for rescued greys, Annie always donates coats for my fosters, she is an :angel:

ETA I have had pjs for my greys, but I find them a little difficult to get on and off, especially on the older dogs.

Edited by Daisy

Dogs with a double coat shouldn't need PJs if they sleep inside in warm beds. If you put PJs or warm coats on them they won't grow their own normal dense undercoat nature gave them to keep warm. Breeds like Kelpies, Labradors, GSDs etc usually have no problem even in snow because the dense double coat is weatherproof.

Only dogs with single short coats should need clothes to keep warm unless they are old or arhtritic.

I completely concur with DancinBcs. We need to remember we should put ourselves out to take into account how the dogs would feel rather than make the assumption they feel as we would feel and 'dress' them to make us feel more comfortable.

But as far as PJ's are concerned, I highly recommend Meg. She has helped me with PJ's for my single coated Ridgeback who used to flap his ears to wake me up so I'd pull his blanket back over him during the night, after it had fallen off.

Edited by Erny

I completely concur with DancinBcs. We need to remember we should put ourselves out to take into account how the dogs would feel rather than make the assumption they feel as we would feel and 'dress' them to make us feel more comfortable.

But as far as PJ's are concerned, I highly recommend Meg. She has helped me with PJ's for my single coated Ridgeback who used to flap his ears to wake me up so I'd pull his blanket back over him during the night, after it had fallen off.

Welcome back Erny. :wave: Good to see you on here again.

Thanks for the feedback but the vests for our dogs are only for outside. Hoover has a double coat, but he's still a puppy and he shivers when it's sub-zero in Canberra. Elbie is fine, we just bought the vest for him because it's funny.

Edited by koalathebear