Loose Dogs Near The Henley Beach Rd Overpass On Port Road

rubiton

Just a warning since I have no idea what council looks after that area but there was a brown (liver?) Pointer and a small long haired pom out loose running around the 4 lanes of road in the area of the overpass (there is a fenced off area on the far side of the road and they were heading along the fence but there isnt a lot of space).

Had I not stopped dead (and the van alongside) I would have collected both of them with the front of the car about 10 min ago.

Its very dark and the bigger dog is a lot harder to see out there so if anyone knows someone who have own a pointer and pom might be an idea to check and make sure they are not missing in that area. There isnt a lot of space outside the roadway and both clearly have no road sense (they walked straight out in front of me and the van without looking or hestitation).

Trying to figure out where this is, since there is no overpass on Port Road, and Port Road doesn't intersect Henley beach road.

There is an East Terrace / James Condon overpass next to the parklands and railway lines Mile End that goes over Henley Beach Rd.

Hope the dogs are ok.

There are German Short Haired pointers and poms in my area (Mitcham) but that's a long way from Mile End.

Yes thats the road goes between sir don bradman drive and past Coca Cola - the henley beach road overpass (just down the road from Stepneys - the place with the moving dinosaur). Hope they found their way home or someone found them as its very busy around there and the only open space is the parklands over the multilane intersection.

I dunno about pom's but we had a GSP for a while that was extremely good at navigating traffic to find its way home. It used to travel from the city to Aldinga (FMC was there but Aldinga was still farmland). Eventually the GSP found a new home with kids that were home all day - half way between.