Gumtree Against Puppy Mills

Guest Willow

Think it was you that got confused....

Willow's orginal topic post was that Gumtree had placed this advert on their site, when in fact it wasnt them and it was me who placed and paid for it.

I was concerned that the post looked as tho Gumtree had actually made some sort of moral stance against rehoming entire dogs. Especially as it was the opposite and they were quick to remove the advert.

I edited my last post because I had made a spelling error??

I fail to see why you are making such an issue of it. Being in rescue you would think you'd be happy, instead you are wasting mine and others time being petty and rather pathetic.

The paid advert that was put on gumtree (see the original link on this discussion topic re: advert placed on gumtree) was a paid advert that I placed.

I got some of the information from the original article from OP and then added some other important info.

I knew that the 'average person' may not know some of this info, so thought Id pay for an advert on gumtree under the pets section in hope that it would educate people & help stop so many entire dogs being given away or advertised.

Gumtree is an overseas website that write their own rules & regulations (although I was I was able to re-write some of the pet regs for them)

Wow didn't think it would be so hard to understand??

When you allude to mysterious adverts that no one else mentioned and then make claims to have written something (and then back-pedal and mention taking information from the original article), yes, it gets rather confusing ;)

I got some of the information from the original article from OP

So, you didn't write the article from the OP, thanks for clearing that up.

Also the words posting and wrote are two very different things. I never said I wrote the orginal article, I said that I posted it and added some info that was also important.

Think it was you that got confused....

Willow's orginal topic post was that Gumtree had placed this advert on their site, when in fact it wasnt them and it was me who placed and paid for it.

I was concerned that the post looked as tho Gumtree had actually made some sort of moral stance against rehoming entire dogs. Especially as it was the opposite and they were quick to remove the advert.

I edited my last post because I had made a spelling error??

I fail to see why you are making such an issue of it. Being in rescue you would think you'd be happy, instead you are wasting mine and others time being petty and rather pathetic.

Willow's post (which hasn't been edited) links to an article (not an advert) written by Gumtree staff, outlining Guntree's policies. Let me quote it for you..

This is probably old news, but I just came across this whilst browsing for some kids toys....

linky*

Yay, good for Gumtree

*Links to article.

I'm making an issue of it because clarification of your post has only muddied the question even further.

As far as bringing rescue into it goes.. being in rescue, perhaps I just have an oversensitive bullshit radar? ;)

Anyways! You didn't write the article, my question is answered, thanks for watching, kids!

• 2 weeks later...

Gumtree have a pets policy which is great considering most other sites dont. Not only do they have a pets policy but it is constantly evolving and improving due to reports from groups such as one I am involved with where we monitor and report. Gumtree staff, although sometimes slow to act, do act on reports and have even begun to modify old responses into newer actions. Things that used to get no action at all are now becoming automatic.

A large scale puppy farmer ads were removed just yesterday based on detective work and reports and advertiser blocked. Due to pressure Gumtree staff now remove adverts based on additional concerns having been raised even though these arent a part of GT pets policy ( yet )...all it will take is a new write up of the pets policies. Gotta give them credit...the staff of Gumtree are acting on reports and it is changing.

Now all we have to do is get the same thing happening in other places. :)

Edited by kazwa