Partners In Crime

HazyWal

I have always only ever had one dog at a time.Now I have two,Stan is very laid back he likes to collect things and stash them but does'nt destroy things.Maddie is so sweet but seriously naughty AND destructive.They arn't left alone for very long periods of time but I swear as soon as I leave the house I can hear Maddie rubbing her paws together saying"OK Stan lets go".Nothing is off limits to Mads,she'll take books off bookshelves and shred them,rip up pillows,drag doonas out on the deck,knock over the dirty clothes basket and drag my washing all over the yard you name it she'll find it.Her latest mission is digging a hole to China next to my neighbours fence.Their daughter was up last weekend with her cat and Maddie is determined to get in their yard.Stan has apparantly been a great help with the excavation work.Wonder when they'll work out the cats gone home and next doors yard is concrete pavers so there's no way up anyway.Maddie has the most innocent look on her face when I get home and if she could talk she'd tell me it was all Stan!The best one was when I got home and she'd got into a gift bag full of presents from my birthday.How did I know it was her?She had her head through the string handle with a bit of the bag flapping around her chest!I know Stan doesn't start this but he's a willing participant.Anyone else have partners in crime?

Oh yes, you can hear Duke crashing things off surfaces in the kitchen- it is kate's cue to run interference by wanting attention and cuddles Right Now!! And keep in front of your feet so you cannot rush to see what Duke is up to!

ChristineX

Hmm ..

The best example I saw was when our old Sam , (who, as a GSD X GR was tall enough to reach the sink) grabbed the tray with teh dog meat on it ..and carried it ever so carefully to teh dog beds under the table . he then put it down.... but Mitch grabbed most of it ..and Sam didn;t get more than a morsel for his trouble :)

i know exactly what your going through.....i watched harry a couple of days ago rip open a pillow then wave it in front of lilys face for her to take it, has a little game of tug of war then lets her win and settle down with her winnings.

then walks off to find me and get her in trouble knowing she will be put in time out......i am on to him now

what a mean big brother he is!

Oh I know exactly what you are talking about! In late may I lost my old girl. She is buried in the yard on top of her son who was buried there 3.5 years ago. At all times this area if fortified with wire that is weighted down with besser bricks. Since Ricky got buried there though there seems to have been significant attention paid to the area. Our two 'effers' have dug her up THREE TIMES! Well not all of her. First time they just exposed the bag but the next two times they got right through to her and exposed her thigh, spreading a now shredded lovely blankie she was buried in all over the yard. Oh the trauma! They have been using a new gopher side tunnelling technique to get to her and I'm sure they had been strategising about it for weeks trying to come up with just the right method.

Ricky's grave is now subject to the kind of security used to protect the Hope Diamond. As the weeks wear on and especially now the bag surrounding her is gone, I am none too keen to see bits of her reappear again.....

Hahaha Thats adorable!!

I have a Mastiff X and a Chihuahua. The Mastiff will drag the items out onto the lawn then go sit elsewhere while my Chihuahua destroys it. She sits there with an innocent look like "Im not chewing it, he is" but we all know there is no way my little Chihuahua dragged 4 giant pot plants, a box full of papers and a King Size doona out to the lawn Lol

The Mastiff will also tear a tiny, delicate hole in their toy teddies and then leave it for the Chihuahua to pull all the stuffing out. We've watched her. She'll literally hold it between her paws, make a tiny hole then let the Chihuahua take it away from her. Cheeky girl.

Oh I know exactly what you are talking about! In late may I lost my old girl. She is buried in the yard on top of her son who was buried there 3.5 years ago. At all times this area if fortified with wire that is weighted down with besser bricks. Since Ricky got buried there though there seems to have been significant attention paid to the area. Our two 'effers' have dug her up THREE TIMES! Well not all of her. First time they just exposed the bag but the next two times they got right through to her and exposed her thigh, spreading a now shredded lovely blankie she was buried in all over the yard. Oh the trauma! They have been using a new gopher side tunnelling technique to get to her and I'm sure they had been strategising about it for weeks trying to come up with just the right method.

Ricky's grave is now subject to the kind of security used to protect the Hope Diamond. As the weeks wear on and especially now the bag surrounding her is gone, I am none too keen to see bits of her reappear again.....

Unfortunately, I know exactly how this feels.

We buried a foster dog under a tree in the corner of the yard more than three years ago and the little dears (mostly Grace, although Sally will help) will still dig in the area if we take away the wire that covers it. A previous foster dog actually managed to dig down to (and then through) the sheet around the body and I'm sure would've dragged out a prize if I hadn't noticed him through the kitchen window :vomit:

Typo

Edited by Hardy's Angel

Oskar has always been fine to ne left at home inside without supervision. He has never chewed or destroyed anything. However, since Zsa Zsa has arrived, it is not possible to leave the two of them alone inside anymore. Last time I came home to a lounge suite destroyed and a large A3 envelope with all my MRI's, X-Rays and results chewed to bits. She is also a shoe theif and has taught him the same trick. If you don't put hte shoes away straight away, they dissapear :)

Oh geez we haven't had anyone try and dig up one of our dear departed - that would be terrible. But we do have partners in crime. When Katie, grey, first came a few months back she use to collect treasures and put them on or around her bed - no problem with that. As you could always find anything she had taken. Now she takes things and is just as likely to trash them with the help of tiny Bertie.

She has also dug up a big section of the yard as she has to have a fresh nest every day and also clearly has a plan to dig to China as she has started a very deep narrow hole - can't quite work out what its for yet. Bertie occasionally helps with the digging but he has little impact compared to Katie's long legs when she gets going. We now have dust storms every time we get a breeze :eek: Love the dogs but hope they (well Katie mainly) gets out of this trashing/digging stage soon.

Oh gosh yes...

My sister has 2 papillons and didn't really train either. Additionally, they used to be entire, and the male was an escape artist (since being desexed he doesn't even want to go for walks anymore). My boy (a doberman) is also entire, but we can leave the gate open and he doesn't go anywhere (not that we do but you get the point). Anyway, they had fortified their backyard so that the pap could no longer escape, and he had stopped trying. Fast forward a couple of months, I had to stay with them for a couple of weeks and of course brought the dobe with me. The pap took one look at the dobe, and had an idea. He called the dobe over to the front gate where all the chicken wire was, and started pulling at it for the first time in months. Now of course, the pap's' attempts were futile, but my dog quickly joined in. He had that chicken wire off in about 2 pulls and made short work of the other obstacles. Within about a min, he had actually pulled the gate open under the pap's' instructions, and the paps were off. We were all amazed. The dobe isn't dumb, but the pap was brilliant. My weeks living with them proved very interesting, the pap's brains with the strength of the dobe proved a highly effective combination.

Oh gosh yes...

My sister has 2 papillons and didn't really train either. Additionally, they used to be entire, and the male was an escape artist (since being desexed he doesn't even want to go for walks anymore). My boy (a doberman) is also entire, but we can leave the gate open and he doesn't go anywhere (not that we do but you get the point). Anyway, they had fortified their backyard so that the pap could no longer escape, and he had stopped trying. Fast forward a couple of months, I had to stay with them for a couple of weeks and of course brought the dobe with me. The pap took one look at the dobe, and had an idea. He called the dobe over to the front gate where all the chicken wire was, and started pulling at it for the first time in months. Now of course, the pap's' attempts were futile, but my dog quickly joined in. He had that chicken wire off in about 2 pulls and made short work of the other obstacles. Within about a min, he had actually pulled the gate open under the pap's' instructions, and the paps were off. We were all amazed. The dobe isn't dumb, but the pap was brilliant. My weeks living with them proved very interesting, the pap's brains with the strength of the dobe proved a highly effective combination.

that made me laugh. I started reading thinking it would end totally differently!!! Very good story. :)

Mine are no longer partners........He dobs her in.

As soon as she grabs something, he's right in front of us telling the story- you can hear him say "Mum, she's being bad again, I'm being good, I told her she'd be in trouble, she didn't listen". If I come home, I get the whole story when I open the door, so does OH when he gets home. OH just asks me now, what did she get?

Our list is a bit long- cds, books, remotes, toys, shoes, bedding, hoses, speakers, she is so quick, that I can't change shoes when she's awake. She has toys, treat ballls etc, plenty to keep her occupied. She has heaps of her own stuff which she guards like a lion, and she has never harmed the boys favourite stuffed toy. It just seems anything that has our scent on it.