Barked And Growled At By Other Peoples Dogs On My Property

Maxiewolf

It seems as if the condition of the fences (lack of fencing) wasn't noticed when you inspected teh house... that's a shame .. Is there not an answering machine/after hours number for the ranger?Just keep ringing and reporting .

Those granules will not help a dog who is so possessive of territory/used to roaming , IMO. they are ok for dogs to stop them peeing on garden beds, but that's about all. Please don't interact in any sort of friendly manner with this dog . Rev the car` , beep the horn, squirt it ..bust balloons - anything to act as a reasonably decent deterrent ...and leave the rest to council .

Your Mum should be able to sit outside on her property and not get agitated/scared by a dog. if it growls again.. make SURE you get photos/video...and if your Mum is scared, even call the police !

does your mum know how to use the camera on her iphone?? sounds like she is set up perfectly to get some pictures of the lab when it does enter your yard, have you contacted the real estate agent?? it doesn't matter if the owner is overseas, you still have rights in fact you have a lot more rights as a tenant than you might think..

I would also suggest going round & introducing yourself to your neighburs, make with the friendly, you never know you may be introduced to the lab by accident :)

I hope nothing seriously nasty happens on account of this lab coming into your yard.

How's it going Maxiewolf? Hope things are getting sorted out :)

Thought I heard it very close today, went out hunting.. (with my camera phone) and after hacking my way through what ever foul stinking weed bush thing has taken over the back boundry I found a labrador shaped "tunnel" through the bush, and sure enough a labrador shaped Hole in the wire.

By the looks of things, when the neighbour on my side built her new fence (which doesn't match up with anyone else's in the back corner) they pulled out a post that was holding up the wire fence along the back, i didn't see it cos it was buried in mud.. and of course no post, and the fence has been weighed down by the weeds/vines what ever they are... letting the dog push its way through. So I put the post back up and reinforced it with some mesh... no more dog today.

But I still don't think that dog actually lives in the back neighbours yard.. there was no sign of it when I was fixing the fence.. In fact I heard it barking several houses down.. so it seems he gets free wander where ever he likes between any house he can get into in his street. If I catch sight of him roaming loose in our street again Ill be calling the council (again).