Are Siberian Huskies A Good Breed For A House With 5 Kids?

Aztec Gold

Yeah agreed with everyone else. NO WAY. For example...

They really are a breed where you never really know what they're going to do. Some days I can leave Akira in a sit stay for five minutes knowing she won't move. Some days I can work with her completely off leash. But there are some days where I don't trust her as far as I can throw her and today was definitely one of those days! You need to work extremely hard with them, and while a lot are good with kids (Akira adores them) I don't think you have enough time with three littlies to put in the amount of time needed.

I agree with the general 'no' for the OP's circumstances.

But O/T, 2 Sibes gave me a big surprise at the weekend. I was at a doggie event with our 2 Tibbies, where off-lead was permitted. Various bigger dogs came up to the 2 Tibs....who gave the usual, 'OK, but we'll be cautious' response.

Then a gorgeous Sibe came trotting up....& I thought, 'Will there be trouble, high prey drives & all that?' To my astonishment, the Tibs just totally accepted this dog....as if it were another of their kind.

I thought this must be a one-off. Then later another Sibe came trotting up to them. Same response. 'Yeah, fine!'

it's puzzled me ever since. Something about those Sibes struck a chord with the Tibbies.

Edited by mita

Nope from me.

I got a puppy with a 5 month old and a two year old, totally different breed and a laid back puppy, but it still took work and juggling time. You really need to be totally focused and not drop the ball and Sibes are a breed that can be hard to live with if their needs are not fully met.

I don't think I could live with one on an average day, never mind in a situation like your friends.

Another no here!

Tell her to sit on it for a few years and do a shite load of research. These kind of impulse buys always end in tears. And when the time finally comes when she's done all her research and knows what she's doing, get her to go to either a reputable registered breeder or a good rescue that screens their dogs and potential owners.