Camping With Dogs

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrr I wrote a whole thing back to you and DOL crashed!

keira i have never camped :o but i want to take the doggies and give it a try and i have no one to do it with either as OH wont camp :o

Can't belive you have never been camping! :eek:

Well i am always keen to camp and would love to have company (other than dogs haha). Like I said I have loads of room, a car which is big enough to fit everything so I am happy to go together. And I have a bit of experience camping so not both total newbies haha. There are heaps of good places to take dogs camping too. Even better during warmer weather when you can take the dogs swimming etc.

Places like this are good

http://www.ncbr.com.au/

Actually now I think about it I am pretty sure this place is owned by DOLers

This would be good

http://dogablog.dogslife.com.au/2009/08/dogs-camp-out-for-fundraising.html

Why don't you guys get together and work out what weekend would suit you all to come down. Let me know and I'll see what I can organise? ;)

Ok that sounds good :) I will work something out with Dandy and get back to you.

Just so I can look them up what camp grounds are you thinking?

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

I've emailed for info and membership form!

Looooove camping with the dogs, but having a greyhound means that he needs to be tied up so he won't bolt. He adapts well, though, and we've only done one camping trip with Whitney (great dane) since we've had her, and it was all good. Can't wait to go again.

Don't forget ACT night-time temps often get below zero this time of year. In a worst case scenario you will be chipping ice out of the dog's water dish in the morning.

For a grey, a warm coat might be advisable.

Don't forget ACT night-time temps often get below zero this time of year. In a worst case scenario you will be chipping ice out of the dog's water dish in the morning.

For a grey, a warm coat might be advisable.

lol, yep we were just talking about that last night!! :flame: We are looking at coastal options at the moment.

not keen on winter camping, bit sookie on that , but when the weather warms up :thumbsup:

lol Chezy, winter camping isn't for everyone!! We traveled for more than 6 months in a tent so it doesn't really worry me. I'm sure we will see you when it warms up! :thumbsup:

What a great idea, my OH would love this. Me, not so keen, however the things we do for our dogs.... Do I need to take crates for them to sleep in - they would only sleep in our sleeping bags anyway..... We wouldn't be cold - we would each have our own Jack Russell Hot Water Bottle.

I have emailed you for a membership form.

What a great idea, my OH would love this. Me, not so keen, however the things we do for our dogs.... Do I need to take crates for them to sleep in - they would only sleep in our sleeping bags anyway..... We wouldn't be cold - we would each have our own Jack Russell Hot Water Bottle.

I have emailed you for a membership form.

I used to hate camping but I love it now, although you couldn't pay me to camp without my dogs!! No absolutely no need to crate your dogs, all of our just sleep on the bed with us! Heaven forbid they be put out at all by being made to sleep on the ground!! :laugh:

I sent you through a form ;)

Hay guys, the date has been set for 8th,9th and 10th of July and we are off to the warm and sunny Kiama :cheer: . I will send emails through to all members with the details. Anyone else who is interested feel free to contact us NSW K9 Camping Group

Hope you have good weather and everyone has a good time, I will be working so can't make that one :( but hopefully I can organise time off work to come camping later on.

Hay guys, the date has been set for 8th,9th and 10th of July and we are off to the warm and sunny Kiama :cheer: . I will send emails through to all members with the details. Anyone else who is interested feel free to contact us NSW K9 Camping Group

Hope you have good weather and everyone has a good time, I will be working so can't make that one :( but hopefully I can organise time off work to come camping later on.

Thanks Cointreau, hopefully we will see you next time :D

Yay, looks like we may be able to go!!! Hubby's weekend off, so he has to just work out whether he should take Friday off as well (if he can!). Looking forward to it.

Edited by Flashsmum

Yay, looks like we may be able to go!!! Hubby's weekend off, so he has to just work out whether he should take Friday off as well (if he can!). Looking forward to it.

That's great!! Don't worry too much about taking Friday off. My hubby has to work too so we will head over after work! We are looking forward to meeting you!