Elbow Scoring

**Super_Dogs**

Has anyone had elbow scoring done on a dog that has had surgery?

I have a puppy, which I kept from my recent litter that I may use to breed. At 12 weeks she fractured her elbow in several places and had to have surgery which included a screw and pin. The pin has been removed, but the screw will be staying.

I vet practice that did the surgery also does the x-rays for the hip and elbow scoring, so I asked what would happen but they have never come across this situation before. :shrug:

Has anyone had hip or elbow scoring after having had surgery?

Thanks.

Has anyone had elbow scoring done on a dog that has had surgery?

I have a puppy, which I kept from my recent litter that I may use to breed. At 12 weeks she fractured her elbow in several places and had to have surgery which included a screw and pin. The pin has been removed, but the screw will be staying.

I vet practice that did the surgery also does the x-rays for the hip and elbow scoring, so I asked what would happen but they have never come across this situation before. :shrug:

Has anyone had hip or elbow scoring after having had surgery?

Thanks.

We had a similar issue with elbow surgery which was done on our girl when she was 7 months old. We had her xrayed and scored for hips only as we didn't see the point in doing elbows knowing one would probably come back lousy anyhow in terms of score. Should be ever breed with her then it would take a lot of explaining to people who possibly are not aware of how the scoring system works and we would be continually having to explain ourselves and her injury. We thought it better to leave it and just be upfront about her injury and why her elbows weren't scored.

I'm guessing good elbow would be scored, and elbow that has been operated on would be disqualified due to medical intervention. If the good elbow was fine, this should be enough to get by on i would think.

Just get your vet to write a letter explaining the situation on the operated elbow.

I'm guessing good elbow would be scored, and elbow that has been operated on would be disqualified due to medical intervention. If the good elbow was fine, this should be enough to get by on i would think.

Just get your vet to write a letter explaining the situation on the operated elbow.

This is what the vet suggested may happen. The good think is the vet practice that did the surgury will also be doing the x-rays for the scoring so it will be really easy to organise a letter.

Will be interesting to see if anyone replies that has been through this. My guess is it does not happen often. You would imagine it has to have happened before though.