Rosemary In Dog Food

Just wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge about rosemary or rosemary extract in dog food, and its possible link to seizures.

My dog has possibly been having mild seizures and I just want to cover all bases :)

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd update this. I changed my dog's food to one without rosemary and she hasn't yet had any more episodes or causes for concern. Of course we can't be sure what caused it in the first place, but who knows.

Like lots of herbs...used sensibly & in moderation it has beneficial properties, but overdosed, like the case in that first link of S & F's it may have caused problems. Too much of anything can be detrimental to your dogs health. I think rosemary's benefits in dog food for the majority of dogs far outweigh the yet to be proven, slight risk that it may agrivate an eplileptic dog. My daughter has a little dog which has siezures & since she has had it on a dog food containing rosemary, she has had no further problems & the little dog's health in general; has improved. :thumbsup: