Another 'what Lens' Thread

I'd check out the tokina 11-16, too. Not only does it do everything the Siggy 10-20 (bar those last 4mm) does, but it rocks in low light, too. It can have some flare issues in full sun so you need to be aware of that, but it's perfectly usable in daylight :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I quickly steal the thread?

Be my guest :)

Ok quick first shot from my new Sigma 17-70mm lens. I've still not had a chance to really try it out (damn rain :laugh: ) but I got this one on saturday. Early shots look promising, nice and sharp and AF seems quick :D It's amazing how close I can get to my subject now, which is useful for Indy because as soon as she see me with my camera she just come straight towards me :rolleyes: This was at 17mm and I think she was almost touching the lens hood :laugh:

5897034638_d78e93edc9_z.jpg

Ok quick first shot from my new Sigma 17-70mm lens. I've still not had a chance to really try it out (damn rain :laugh: ) but I got this one on saturday. Early shots look promising, nice and sharp and AF seems quick :D It's amazing how close I can get to my subject now, which is useful for Indy because as soon as she see me with my camera she just come straight towards me :rolleyes: This was at 17mm and I think she was almost touching the lens hood :laugh:

5897034638_d78e93edc9_z.jpg

I love it!!!!

OH's is grabbing it at lunch time and depending on how impatient I am [and how much of my sucky assignment I get down] I'm going to wizz down and grab it off him!

Pity it is so overcast and dreary today!

The middle one is Miss Evil Incarnate...who goes after toes and fingers!

Yes they're Silver Laced Wyandottes [except for the 1 Gold Laced]. Sorry to hear yours was taken by a fox. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Cool Ravyk!

I have come to the conclusion that I need this lens (not that I ever photograph landscape stuff). Do you find you have to watch you don't get your toes in when you shoot at 10mm?

Cool Ravyk!

I have come to the conclusion that I need this lens (not that I ever photograph landscape stuff). Do you find you have to watch you don't get your toes in when you shoot at 10mm?

No, unless I am shooting down at a subject, then I sometimes get a toe [or currently my belly!] in.