Buying A Dog And Changing Mind

pinkpuppy

I don't think that the breeder is obliged to give you the deposit back. They might have turned away another home that has now found a dog elsewhere.

well i think not giving back $1500 would be very unfair. and as people have said above, fine I could always take the dog then and re-sell on the trading post....

Charming. You asked the bloody question. Some will refund. Some will not. What do you think a deposit is for? You put a $40k deposit on a house and just change your mind, good luck getting that back.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that the breeder is obliged to give you the deposit back. They might have turned away another home that has now found a dog elsewhere.

well i think not giving back $1500 would be very unfair. and as people have said above, fine I could always take the dog then and re-sell on the trading post....

:mad:mad:mad:mad

:eek::mad :mad :mad

Charming. You asked the bloody question. Some will refund. Some will not. What do you think a deposit is for? You put a $40k deposit on a house and just change your mind, good luck getting that back.

If someone said that to me they would get their money quick fast, not the type of owner I would be looking for.

This is why I think when you go to visit puppies or a adult dog go without money. Visit the puppies/adult the leave and think long and hard about it first. I'm not saying think for a few hours I'm saying give it a couple of days of long hard thinking,talking it over,reaserching the lines you are getting etc. Then if your still keen on taking the puppy/adult then put your deposit down.

No one can answer your question really.

Speak to the people & if you don't want the dog say so & ask if they will refund your money.

If its the health issues you need assuring on discuss your concerns with them.

We can only say what we would do, not what they will do.

PnkPuppy, you are a breeder yourself, so what would you do if it was one of your pups you had taken a deposit on :confused: I am very curious to know what breed of dog it is :confused:

Ditto, what breed is it? To me a deposit would be between $100 - $200.

I don't understand as I thought you had a breeders prefix and had a show bitch for breeding and were looking into co ownership of another. As someone who has gone to the effort of registering a pre fix I would have thought you woul have looked into the situation more closely and then just saying that you may just sell it off in the Trading Post is a pretty poor attitude for a Registered breeder to have

I was wondering if it was one of the pair of neos that have been getting advertised quite a bit down here?

Edited by casowner

Well maybe you should have a think before you do something, like agree to buy an adult dog.

Better that paying a deposit made you realise what you were doing,

than you telling the breeder 'oh yeah we'll have her'

and then just dawdle around because you dont really want the dog.

Edited by lilli

PnkPuppy, you are a breeder yourself, so what would you do if it was one of your pups you had taken a deposit on :confused: I am very curious to know what breed of dog it is :confused:

I really dont care what breed it is.

1500 isn't a lot for an adult dog

and it sure isn't a lot for a adult female as a potential brood bitch.

I really dont care what breed it is.

1500 isn't a lot for an adult dogand it sure isn't a lot for a adult female as a potential brood bitch.

Maybe not.....but that's just the deposit :eek:

PnkPuppy, you are a breeder yourself, so what would you do if it was one of your pups you had taken a deposit on :confused:

well Im not about money, money wouldnt mean anything to me, its about the welfare of my pups.....I would give them their money back, no issues, and im pretty sure thats inline with australia's refund policies.

unless you can prove the dog does have health issues not disclosed to you at the time of the deposit being put down I dont see why the breeder should just hand you back all the cash for your broken promise. I dont know of one type of transaction that lets you off scott free when you just change your mind for no good reason after handing over a deposit.

I find it also incredible that you knew nothing about a breed you want to make money off puppies with until you blew a wad of cash on a bitch you also seem to know nothing about. The term ethical breeder is not really jumping off the page at me.

Edited by Nekhbet