Dogs Nsw,is It About Time They Owned Their Own Ground

klink

For many years all the NSW members of Dogs' NSW have been contributing via entry levies, fees etc. to maintain a ground complex which we as members will never own.

For myself, i cannot understand WHY we dont' have after, all these years our own complex as other states do.Year after year many many dollars of our monies get wasted on a venue that can be taken off us anytime.

Development in the Western Sydney is growing at an enourmous rate and in my opinion only a matter of time before the axe falls. WHY? does' our management continue to spend our monies on Erskine Park ? We now have a herd of sheep located at the ground for trials etc, horses, Myself living in regional NSW object very strongly to fees being raked off regional areas' who always do it tough re their existence to support a continuation of expenditure on a ground with no asset value to us at all.Regional clubs get stuff-all support from Dogs' NSW and I think that the whole system needs a good inquiry.

I would like to seek from other exhibitors and interested people as to what your thoughts on this subject are.I believe the current lease has about 15years to run with no option to renew.

For many years all the NSW members of Dogs' NSW have been contributing via entry levies, fees etc. to maintain a ground complex which we as members will never own.

For myself, i cannot understand WHY we dont' have after, all these years our own complex as other states do.Year after year many many dollars of our monies get wasted on a venue that can be taken off us anytime.

Development in the Western Sydney is growing at an enourmous rate and in my opinion only a matter of time before the axe falls. WHY? does' our management continue to spend our monies on Erskine Park ? We now have a herd of sheep located at the ground for trials etc, horses, Myself living in regional NSW object very strongly to fees being raked off regional areas' who always do it tough re their existence to support a continuation of expenditure on a ground with no asset value to us at all.Regional clubs get stuff-all support from Dogs' NSW and I think that the whole system needs a good inquiry.

I would like to seek from other exhibitors and interested people as to what your thoughts on this subject are.I believe the current lease has about 15years to run with no option to renew.

Hi,

There are moves afoot to have Erskine Park as Sydney's permanent home.....with representations in the progress of being made to the body who controls the ground and State Government as well local members of Parliment. I think this is probably a good starting point, would be silly not to try and get the grounds that our money has been 'wasted' on first......either way doesn't matter if the grounds stay where they are or a new ground has to be purchaed.....money will be levied anyway no doubt, and there is stuff all that can be done about it

Yes, they should own their own grounds - they had the option donkey's years ago when there was land available at Badgerys Creek (this was before they went to Erskine Park) but they didn't take it, instead, the funds left from darling ol' Bill Spilstead's will were used to "lease" the grounds at Erko Park for 99 years.(If I remember correctly) :confused:

Something I shall never understand ... why lease when they could have bought.

Then I always wondered, after building on the property and up grading it to what it is today, what happens after the 99 years ? Is all lost ? Id guess yes.

I do hope, maybe the grounds can be bought or a lifetime lease can be established.

Ive never read or heard that there is only 15 years left on the lease but then I don't read every journal nowadays.

Just seems such a grand waste of $$. :mad

Yes, they should own their own grounds - they had the option donkey's years ago when there was land available at Badgerys Creek (this was before they went to Erskine Park) but they didn't take it, instead, the funds left from darling ol' Bill Spilstead's will were used to "lease" the grounds at Erko Park for 99 years.(If I remember correctly) :confused:

Something I shall never understand ... why lease when they could have bought.

Then I always wondered, after building on the property and up grading it to what it is today, what happens after the 99 years ? Is all lost ? Id guess yes.

I do hope, maybe the grounds can be bought or a lifetime lease can be established.

Ive never read or heard that there is only 15 years left on the lease but then I don't read every journal nowadays.

Just seems such a grand waste of $$. :mad

I personnally have spoken to the local council which covers that area, they passed me on to the Govt. dept of Planing who in turn informed me of the then details of the arrangement. At that time they had approx. 15years to run,AND they had no option to renew. I was told that so far the dept had no plans for the site ,but said that could change. As mentioned previously I wouldnt' want them controlling my super fund BAD BUSINESS.

Edited by klink

The grounds at Erskine Park were originally leased for 20 years, and the DogsNSW has renewed the lease, I am unsure if it was for 15 or 20 years.

The major problem for NSW members is that the area where the current grounds are due to be rezoned for houssing due to the flood mitigation work that has been done. I don't believe that it will be easy to get both Penrith Council and the State Government to forgo the monies that they will receive from housing developers.

I heard a large number of people were against Erskine Park as it was a lease arrangement when the then NSWCC was offered other options where NSWCC/DogsNSW would own their own land.