Retained Puppy Molar

I have a 5 month old pup that has been teething forever.

It seems we are down to the last molar which is clinging on by the gum on one side of the tooth. He had very bad breath so I took him to the vet last week and he gave him Clavulox as there was a mild infection caused by food getting under the loose tooth. I can't remember any other pup having the trouble this little guy has had teething. I always thought that the gum would recede by itself but the gum doesn't seem to want to let go of the tooth and the tooth hinges on the gum on one side. It has been like this for about 2 weeks now.

Anyone had any experience with this problem??? I would rather not have to go back to the vet if it is something that time will fix but it is taking so long to come out.

Also pup shakes his head continually when I put a lead on him. Can't be ears as I had the vet check them too and they were a 'bit pink' but OK???

Edited by Stitch

I agree the vet should have just given it a little tug and it would have come out.

Give the pup a juicy bone with a bit of meat on, one he needs to chew with his back teeth, that will fix the tooth.

Looking at it, the tooth has a lot of gum still attached on one side (the outer side).

I would pull it myself however the amount of gum still attached puts me off doing it. I think it will bleed and hurt!

I have been giving him all sorts of bones and biscuits but the *!*#! thing doesn't budge!!!

If it isn't gone by Tuesday I will take him to the vet (Monday is a public holiday).