Flea / Heartwormers - Recommendation

deltoid

I think that sentinel only makes the adult fleas sterile. So if you your dog gets fleas say from a friends house they will live on the dog until they die but can not reproduce. So you may still see fleas on your dog and your dog may still scratch. Some one can correct me if i am wrong.

Advantix kills adult fleas and their eggs as well. Interceptor are flavoured tablets and my dog does not really like them but your dog may be fine.

My dog doesn't really like interceptor. When he was on sentinel he would happily eat it but not the interceptor.

When we first got him we used sentinel and if ever we found a flea on him we'd give him a capstar tablet

For my two it's Advantix.I don't really have a flea problem but ticks are a real worry here.For those who live on the central coast I recommend Tumbi Valley Pet Supplies www.tvps.com.au .If you pick up it's cheaper.I can get a 6 pack of Advantix for dogs over 25kg for $59.00.Otherwise Trixapet.com is really cheap too.

Sentinal does not kill adult fleas, it stops the breeding cycle. I always have capstar on hand in case we have an travellers :) I very rarely have to use it though - maybe once every 6 months.

I have noticed a few people use Comfortis and Heartguard. I am sure last time I looked this worked out more expensive and Sential Spectrum. Is this still the case?

I use Heartgard. I've never heard of valuheart - any rec's on where I can buy it? I just bought a 6pk of the Heartgard but will keep it in mind for when it runs out. It is quite pricey!

we buy our ValueHeart from Australian Pet Treat Company. They are the cheapest I have found so far, and also sell Comfortis.

I use Heartgard. I've never heard of valuheart - any rec's on where I can buy it? I just bought a 6pk of the Heartgard but will keep it in mind for when it runs out. It is quite pricey!

we buy our ValueHeart from Australian Pet Treat Company. They are the cheapest I have found so far, and also sell Comfortis.

They look good! Comfortis is cheaper at the site I use, but the Valuheart is considerably cheaper at your site. Do they have free shipping too? :D

Having a collie breed.. I don't use products with Ivemectin.. I know Heartgard is supposed to be ok for collies.. but prefer not to take the risk.

I use Interceptor and Comfortis..

Found Spectrum to be useless for fleas..Likewise all the top spots.

We are still finding ticks on the dogs... so they are also on proban every second day...