Milk For Puppies

As a first time dog owner, I'm seeing so many food products for puppies/ dogs, and one I've noticed quite often is milk for puppies. This is usually in little cartons or alo satchels.

Is it really necessary for calcium? Or can I just stick to puppy kibble and the ocassional chicken neck and smackos.

They are a waste of money and once fully weaned puppies do not need any milk. They will certainly benefit from chicken necks, wings and carcass as a source of calcium, exercising jaws and teeth.

Be careful with any processed treats as they are usually full of salt.

If you want to feed your puppy milk, just use normal human milk.. nothing wrong with it.

Or you can use lactose free human milk if normal milk upsets his tummy.. its a fraction of the cost of "puppy milk".

They don't need it for calcium though if you are feeding a decent quality kibble and/or raw meaty bones.

My dogs like goats milk.. they're a teeny bit spoiled. :o

They are a waste of money and once fully weaned puppies do not need any milk. They will certainly benefit from chicken necks, wings and carcass as a source of calcium, exercising jaws and teeth.

Be careful with any processed treats as they are usually full of salt.

I agree with readysetgo, they are a waste of money. If a weaned puppy is on a good diet there should be no need for puppy milk.

Absolutely agree.